What to do? What to do?
I love top 10 lists, but I'm horrible at keeping to only 10. So to save myself any unnecessary struggle, I decided not to do a "top pictures of 2008" list. I decided to not really limit myself in any way. (Now THAT would make a good New Year's resolution, wouldn't it?)
Not even wanting to really pick and choose much of anything, my decision became clear...I would simply do a "list" of each month's happenings, choose 1-2 posts that I really love for some reason or another, and add in links so lucky readers could indulge once again. I know! So cool, right?
Honestly, this was harder than narrowing down picture choices. (If I had the time, or actually just the desire, I would link each listed item...but there is no way I have enough sanity left for that after my crazy-long Christmas post.)
As I went back and skimmed over my posts this past year, I fell in love all over again with my kids and my honey. And to be perfectly honest...I crack myself up sometimes. :)
So without further ado...
January:
Lil man pees in my dishwasher * "Eww" Jan. 7 *
First Blogger luncheon (did we ever have a 2nd?)
It snowed long enough for pictures and giggles
Our beloved Pres. Hinckley passed away
Steve went out of town (a long one)
Family bowling (lil man only traumatized two families)
Getting ready for K's baptism
February:
100th post * "1,2, skip a few...100" Feb 11 *
Saw the beginnings of potty training
Hannah Montana concert movie
Valentine’s surprise
Flu-ugh
American Idol-battle of the Davids
March:
Date night with girls * "Date Night" March 10 *
Obsessed with "The Biggest Loser"
Career day at school
Spring Break
K's 8th birthday
K's baptism
April:
Easter
Lil man develops issues with sharing * "Oh that boy" April 29 *
May:
Teacher Appreciation Week
"Prince Caspian"
End of school
A month of emotional struggles
Needed to count my blessings * "New Motto" May 15 *
and * "Blessing count continues" May 16 *
June:
Keeping busy with the kids (I have only one post from June and it is only about how I need to post...pitiful, just pitiful...therefore, I will include a funny little post courtesy of the girls. It is not from this month, but I hate to leave June out completely. It's such a happy little month, after all.)
* "Do...Huh?" *
July:
B's 10th birthday (airplane ride)
My birthday
Krista visits
Steve's out of town on a long trip again
Sassiness starts to run rampant in my home
B is a goon * "Steve's bike was stolen" July 22 *
August:
"Breaking Dawn" release party and read-fest
School starts (3rd and 5th grades)
Lil man's throwing arm develops new strength
Lil man sweet talks * "Melted into little puddles of me" Aug. 23 *
Lil man eats...WHAT?! * "Hi, poison control" Aug 18 *
September:
K begins piano lessons
Surprise K with our own piano
Lil man tests the hardness of his noggin
I try Story Time again with lil man * "Story Time" Sept. 15 *
I'm locked in the laundry room * "Let's give credit" Sept. 23 *
October:
Fall Break
Mini-vacation at Westin
Lil man turns 3
Potty training issues continue
High School Musical 3
My son, my hero * "One of those moments" Oct. 20 *
Tate Farms
Halloween
November:
Presidential election
Flowers (just because)
GAMS Twilight experience
Lil man's remote * "Ch-kah!" Nov. 11 *
Counting blessings
Thanksgiving
New blog look
December:
Change to lil man * "Making a difference" Dec. 3 *
Snow (again only enough for pictures and giggles)
Christmas Festival
K's first piano recital
Ornament Exchange
Christmas fun!
Okay, well, that was great fun for me. :)
2008 has been a year full of laughter, tears, good times, and times that made me want to hide under my covers. But as always, I am amazed at my blessings. I am enriched by my experiences. I am humbled from my daily miracles.
I hope 2008 brought each of you goodness, peace, times to cherish, and moments that thrilled you for even more.
May 2009 be glorious for you.
Happy New Year!
Tombstone
6 years ago






6 comments:
Happpy New Year to you! Thanks for the whirlwind of 2008 memories. I can hardly wait to see what 2009 brings.
What a fun list! Have a great new year!
What a good idea! Happy New year and hopefully it continues with great stories! :)Happy New Year!
Lil Man peeing in the dishwasher will always be my favorite. I'm waiting to see how he'll top it! :)
Happy New Year!!
I went back and read the March mommy/daughter dates one (since I wasn't a blogger back then) and really enjoyed it. I might schedule one of those for me and my girls soon!
Hey!!! I was a late blogger bloomer... I missed the Blogger Luncheon. It sure would be fun to actually MEET some of the people who's blogs I stalk. So... no pressure... when's the NEXT luncheon????????????????????????????!
Post a Comment