New motto...

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Someone once said:
The good news and the bad news is that
both the good times and the bad times never last for long.

How true.
While I am doggedly counting my blessings and working my way out of my funk, I am encouraged in the midst of my discouragment. Yes, I do think that is possible.

Life is full of oxymorons and paradoxies and juxtapositions.

One day, though, I am going to be able to see a down time coming before it even hits and be able to pass it by with a wave of acknowledgment and a turning of the head. One day I will have figured out how to deal. Okay, so maybe I'll always be learning how to deal. Life, I am sure, will always present new and "improved" challenges. I am hoping each time a challenge is overcome, I will then be able to appreciate the flip-side even more.

I can see that now.
How much happiness I find in those moments of contentment.
So I am looking forward to those moments. In the bleak yuck of my funk, I have hope.

I just found my new motto:
In the bleak yuck of my funk, I have hope.
Hopefully this motto will find a friend in my other:
It is what it is.

Blessing count 1-3 for the day:
1) my trying and fabulous K (she is a paradox in the brightest meaning of the word)


2) my brilliant and kind-hearted B (crooked glasses, goofy grin, and all)


3) love and contentment with my littlest man (these moments are finding themselves too far and between these days, but when they come...they are beautiful beyond measure)

4 comments:

Karen said...

Hope you feel better soon. Keep counting those blessings and if that doesn't work get some chocolate!

kg said...

I enjoyed the blessing countdown :)

Dawn, said...

OH NO!!!! NOT THE FUNK!!!! Funk, funk, go away, never come back, stay away!!! Now go put on some ruby slippers and click your heels and it will all go away... are you buying this?! OK, well, then I second Karen, buy some chocolate and get nose kisses from each of your listed 3 blessings, that combination should work!

hope said...

I love the new blessing count. I have skimmed all the above blessings (1-10, I think) and I love it. I would steal it, but then I would get behind and it wouldn't be yours anymore. So, I will just have to do it in my journal.
Anyways, I had to blog tonight to keep my mind off other things, and I am glad I did. Good luck on your diet.

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley