Melted into little puddles of me...

Saturday, August 23, 2008

The following happened weeks ago.
It was such a precious moment, I don't think I'll ever forget it, but I don't want to take a chance that it never gets remembered by the rest of the family.

Little man and I were sitting on the couch watching Noggin, as usual. I was trying to prolong the snuggling as long as possible before he realized he had actually been sitting still for longer than 10 minutes.
He reaches up and starts playing with the end of my hair.
He looks up at me and says:
"You byooful, Mommy?"

I don't care how many times he may repeat this with his sisters, Goppie, or whoever...I'll always know I was the first.
And I melted the fastest.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you think he'll actually call me "beautiful" some day? I'll not hold my breath. It is enough that he takes my hand and leads me off to play.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Found you!

I think you should write a book, or maybe a weekly column in the community paper. You are absolutely hilarious to read! I can just hear your voice!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Okay, now I've read (almost) your whole blog and I'm convinced. Dave Barry, Andy Roony, Bill Cosby- they've got nothing on you. your writing is so charming and fun, and gives so much to the everyday- your committed Dana. I'm waiting. for a novel.

Jessica M said...

Oh precious!! And the camera to the head story had me laughing for like 5 minutes. Whew. Glad you kept your composure.

Finished the book for book club. Two words, ew and weird.

hope said...

My heart is melting just thinking about it. What a wonderful tribute to Mommy!!

Lisha said...

Can't wait to have my little man melt my heart, so sweet!

shari said...

You are beautiful! Moments like these are the best. It is sad how fast they end.

Lacey Freeman said...

=) love those moments.

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley