Just in case anyone needs to know...
Jet-Dri is not lethal. Just make sure the skin is washed clean of the chemical, force at least 8 ounces of liquid down their throat, and sit back and wait for the gallons of vomit. All over...no negative repercussions. (well, except that I'll never enjoy a cleaning product with a green apple scent again...ugh and double ugh)
Crayola crayons are not toxic. Even if all 8 standard colors have been ingested, the worst by-products are the tye-dyed teeth and area around the mouth. But even that wears off after a while. (although, it will ruin their appetite for their daily bag of goldfish crackers)
And after the most recent event:
Zyrtec is indeed hazardous if taken in large quantities; however, the one pill little man chomped on thinking it was a Pez was apparently no big deal. Even for a 2-year-old, a 10mg Zyrtec will not cause any medical problems. Who knew?
Other interesting tidbits I've learned...
*human urine is neither toxic nor lethal, just extremely disgusting in a myriad of ways
*poop is a definite no-no...bad bad bad
*dry dog food has been known to contain salmonella...therefore, should not be eaten
*pencil lead is very fortunately not real lead
*Ex-Lax could cause a trip to the emergency room
But please don't just rely on my word. I have enough to be accountable for these days.
Poison Control Center of Alabama: 1-800-222-1222.
Tell them Dana says "hi".
Tombstone
6 years ago






10 comments:
Oh no! You poor thing! Carter never fails to keep your life interesting. Does this mean poison control is on your speed dial?
Selective memory is a wonderful thing! If you or your brother ever swallowed anything "unusual", either I never knew about it or I have chosen to forget it entirely. Life is surely never dull with our little man in the family!
Oh my gosh, I so feel for you! I have called so many times I'm surprised that they haven't called someone to take away my kids! I have their number on a sticker on the back of my house phone and no joke they are programmed into my cell! Good luck to you! :)
So make me laugh so much. Thanks for the public service annoucment.
You always have to have one!
Just think he can be forever cursed by the parent curse of all curses...10 just like him! one day...sweet revenge! ha ha!
Ha ha ha! Nice. I haven't called poison control since last summer when Hailey drank from a cup in the garage that had been filled with ant poison. Good times.
I agree with Karen. You one funny momma!!
You can add that Almond Extract burns the skin. The things we learn as parents! Thanks for a funny post!
Glad we're not at that stage yet.
OK, so I'm a little late to this party, but this post I could so TOTALLY relate to that I had to comment anyway. Chris informed me once that he "tasted" the windex, we've had medicines in question, and once, just once, we've actually had to take a trip to the emergency room based on the dreaded call to poison control (when Chris swallowed 2 little balls)Good to know I'm not alone (for me.) Sorry to hear I'm not alone(for you.)
Post a Comment