Courtesy of Noggin's The Upside Down Show, little man has learned a wonderful and useful new tool...the invisible remote control. What used to be so cute and charming has slowly evolved into a series of daily mandates per little man and his "mote troll".
When he wants you to stop talking, he points his hand at you in perfect remote control formation, flexes that chubby little thumb, and bestows upon you the dreaded sound of "CH-Kah!". We all get CH-Kah!ed around here frequently. When we're singing, laughing, talking, eating, drinking, moving, breathing in some fashion little man finds unacceptable...CH-Kah! No one is safe from that thumb. I've tried to turn the tables on him and CH-Kah! him first, but my thumb apparently needs new batteries.
Steve has done a great job of turning our little thumb-Nazi into using his "mote troll" as a game some of the time. He pretends he can stop you from grabbing him or tickling him...with the CH-Kah!...then CH-Kah!s you again when he's ready to giggle. As much as we all appreciate this game...unfortunately, I think it has just served to reinforce the power behind the CH-Kah!.
Talk about power at your fingertips.
Tombstone
6 years ago






6 comments:
Teeheehee.... I am occasionally "muted" by my 17 yr old daughter. She uses the same technique, pointing her imaginary remote at me and boldly stating "Mute!" and then giggling hysterically. I am usually in the middle of some sort of long-ish, rambling story/lecture/request when she does this (I know, hard to imagine, right?). And yeah, I usually fall for it (but only for a second...I'm not THAT easy of a target (yeah, right)...).
Now, the next time it happens I will accuse her of stealing a 3 year old's social strategies and refer her to this post....muhahahah.... ;)
Hey Dana,
It was fun to see you had dropped by to take a peek. Stalk on! Your page was dang cool. Way to go, but of course I had to read the entry from the time before and you got me to cryin' and emotional. I had no idea you had been through so much. I'm glad I got to read it.
Pretty fun for the Twilight movie too but yuck, I hate anything remotely scary!! Now if you were going to an old black and white like The Enchanted Cottage or something, sign me up.--toodles
Having been the recipient of one of Little Man's mote troll moments, I must say how well it works.
I like your new blog set up!
The upside down show drives me nuts! Addie loves it though. Maybe his Chkah phase will pass sooner than later!
We love that show! We went through the remote phase last year sometime... I remember blogging about it. The funniest was that they would ch-k the remote and then they would both fall down in half (looking between their legs) and go "oh no! you hit the upside-down button! can you hit the right-side-up button on your remote?"
Post a Comment