My baby started Kindergarten today.
I love this kid!
He is full of energy, personality, crazy voices, silly looks, belly laughs, and a sweet & loving heart.
What a joy he will be to his teacher! I know he is to me.
This is the only year he will be in school with one of his sisters. K started 6th grade yesterday and has been looking forward to being in school with her brother for YEARS! They are adorable.
B is in Middle School in the 8th grade and we sure do miss her in our school group. :(
Lil man never took kindly to preschool. Sad, but true. However, he has been anxiously awaiting Kindergarten all summer long and it is finally here! Hip hip hooray!! And believe it or not...that little stinker who begged me daily NOT to send him to preschool, happily walked into his class and blew me a kiss good-bye. I did get to stay and take a few pictures and listen to "Mrs. Bindergarten Goes to Kindergarten". I didn't even impose...his teacher invited us to stay! She's awesome.
I thought I might be emotional. I was. Not boo-hoo emotional, but I teared up. Especially as I looked back into his classroom one last time and saw him lean over to the little boy next to him, whisper something, and the two of them giggled.
Tears came. I smiled.
I walked away leaving my baby to begin his journey.
![]() |
| Look who started Kindergarten today! |
![]() |
| He has two very proud big sisters. They started school yesterday, but wow...those pictures did NOT turn out. This one will have to suffice. :) B is now in 8th grade and K is in 6th! |
![]() |
| Look who wanted to hold his mama's hand! Awwwww... |
![]() |
| Look at those cute little people on their way to school! |
![]() |
| Look at who's sitting and waiting PATIENTLY for his teacher to arrive. |
![]() |
| Awwww...look at who's sitting on the reading rug QUIETLY listening to a story! |
![]() |
| Look at that cute little seat and table...in KINDERGARTEN! |
![]() |
| Seriously...! Look at those stinking cute little lockers! |
![]() |
| Fresh from the car line after school...he "had a GREAT day"!! |
![]() |
| Ahem...look at who else had a great day. Wow. |
![]() |
| Asked again if his first day of KINDERGARTEN was good...? |
![]() |
| And after one day, he's also bilingual! He learned sign language for "I love you". He's a genius. |
Another journey began today.
Go to this link to find out more. http://makingitmatter-thejourney.blogspot.com/
It's not all prettied up yet. It's still in a "rough draft" form, but it works for now.
And I have to chronicle this journey.
I just have to.


















7 comments:
Oooooh the cuteness. So glad he seems to be more optimistic about kindergarten than preschool. Go conquer your world lil man!!!
Such cute back to school kids! Carter looks so grown up! I'm glad they had such a great day!
He just looks so big!!! How did that happen? Thinking of you friend...and praying for you and your family. **hugs**
I love your school kids! What a happy post!
Carter looks gigantic in these pictures. So glad that kindergarten and he are going to get along beautifully!
You're stronger than I will be... I'll be the boohooing mom =) So excited for Carter!
Yay for Carter! I'm sorry about your other journey and will pray for your mom!
Post a Comment