A few thoughts today...
* I graduated 20 YEARS ago today! What??? Literally, I cannot believe that is an accurate number. We have a huge reunion planned for this summer. I'm not sure I'll go. Do I need to? Should I want to? Why does this seem like a hard decision for me? Maybe I'm just overly nostalgic today. 20 years. Egads! When did it become possible for me to say: "30 years ago...blah blah blah" and I can clearly remember the event?! CrAzY.
* My little people won't be little for long. Technically, they aren't little right now but I live in a delusional world. B will be an 8th grader AND a TEENAGER! K will be entering her very last year of elementary school (She will always be my 4-year-old preschooler. I don't care what anyone says.). Lil man will be a *sniff* *weep* *check my pulse* Kindergartner!
*sigh* I'm old.
* I hate feeling overwhelmed. Especially when it's my own dumb fault. (Yes, K. Mama said "dumb". I'll apologize later for using a not-nice word...just ignore it for now, please.) Anyway...just too much to do and not really wanting to do any of it. Why am I in a stinky mood today? Or maybe it's not a stinky mood Maybe I'm just feeling...what's the word...oh yeah. Old.
* My goal for the first week of summer is to update my blog. No, really. I'm not kidding. It's not a joke. Stop laughing. Ahem...as I was saying...my plan is to update (stop with the snickering already) about each of my little people at a time. I'm kinda excited about it. (Okay, that's enough heckling. I USED to be a dedicated blogger. It can happen again.)
* I don't like how people assume others are bragging when they share things on their blogs. Why can't we love and support each other? Share in each other's happy moments without allowing them to directly relate to us in some way? Just because someone wants to share the wonder that is their life, doesn't mean that our lives are any less wonderful by comparison. I fully plan on sharing all kinds of wonderfulness when I update (oh yes, I really am!) about my little people and I fully trust that my all of my loyal readers (joke, joke, joke) celebrate with me and not assume I am bragging to be prideful.
Sorry for the soapbox moment. I've just heard some negativity lately and it bothered me.
I just want everyone to be happy. Is that so wrong? :)
Not many thoughts worth sharing, I suppose, but it is what it is and I am who I am. :)
Tombstone
6 years ago






13 comments:
Oh yeah, 'cause you're sooo old! hahaha. Can't wait to hear all about those cute kiddos of yours!!
I always love reading your blog! You're so entertaining :)
ever faithful... will be thrilled to catch up with you, your fun world, and your 3 littles. See? If, like me, you continue to call your offspring 'littles' it will make you feel better. Its not denial. Its not. not. nope.
You're back! I can't wait to read your updates and see new pictures!
Yep, you're old. And funny.
Girl, you are a perpetual seventeen. You are way to much fun and beautiful to be old.
And your kids are so little you could fit them in your pockets.
And Carter is not not not nonononot starting Kindergarten this fall, because that is just crazy talk.
So good to here from you. Can't wait for all the catch blog post. Have a great weekend.
at least brag about the cool stuff you did for teacher appreciation week. and show pics. You have a lot to brag about. But seriously you know some people do just brag too much...
Oh, funny friend. You are not old!
When I saw your blog at the top of my blog roll, I got excited that I was going to see new pics... No pressure. :)
Well, I'm always happy when I read your blog! (Boo on negativity) And I'm excited to hear about all the wonderful things the kids are doing. I'm not quite sure why Carter is going to kindergarten, I think he's actually about 18 months old.
And we love you, just the way you are! Please, brag on!
Welcome back! I don't mind if you brag… I'm happy to live vicariously through others lives sometimes. So… brag on! JK! I just enjoy reading about how all my friends are doing since we never get enough time to actually visit for real…
Bragging? Oh... you mean like people who post DAILT pics on FACEBOOK because they think their baby is the MOST BEAUTIFUL baby in the whole entire world? And because they just KNOW that EVERYONE wants to see that baby's cuteness on a daily basis.... {{sigh}} I would never do that.... {{cough cough}}
Post a Comment