God bless our mess. Cause it just means we are enjoying an excess.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Today we are getting ready for a monstrous bday party weekend. (I'm exhausted already.)
This evening is K's Candy Shoppe party. Tomorrow night is another bday party for someone special (more info later).

Fun side note? Our carpet came in way earlier than expected so my house is nowhere NEAR ready for company...much less a party. But sometimes you just gotta roll with it.
So this weekend, we are embracing the phrase "God bless this mess."

Lil man grabbed a bday balloon a few minutes ago and explained that it is HIS birthday.
I said: Nope, not yours.
He pouts: But I've got a balloooooooon in my haaaand.
I lovingly say: Yeah. Still no.

Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful weekend, whether it be filled with birthdays, parties, grocery shopping, bathroom scrubbing, sleeping in a little, or PROM.
(Sounds like my plans, but I think the sleeping in may be a little too optimistic...and prom is thankfully not on our horizon.)

7 comments:

Dawn, said...

WHAT??!? He who holds the balloon is NOT the birthday boy?! so sad.

Anonymous said...

I love that the balloon is what decides who the birthday kid is. I think that is great logic.

Quincy Sorensen said...

oooooh, I want to see pictures of your carpet! And the Candy Shoppe party!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

I agree with Carter. His logic is flawless. Off to go find a balloon!

Jessica M said...

Oooo, I can't wait to see the carpet! And next time you're doing vinyl, I need your quote reference "God bless this mess". Seriously, my everyday thought. Hope your birthdays are fun!!

Charity said...

I also want to see pictures of your carpet and the candy shoppe party! And I know you are doing fabulous things even when you aren't posting about them. Do share ;-)

Karen said...

Have fun in your fun mess. Good for you to embrace it.

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley