An entire week has flown by without a post???
Bah.
However, it is not the time of year for Bah-Humbug-ing so I am going to breathe in sunshine, breathe out rainbows, and get down to some serious luvin.
Luvs #3, #4, #5: pajama bottoms, sweatshirt, slippers
Comfy, cozy, snuggly...any of these perfect words always bring to mind the above three things. No matter what I'm doing on any given day, I cannot wait...in fact, dream and long for, the moment I am able to shed all others and wrap myself up in the most perfect clothing combination known to mankind.
Luv #6: CHOCOLATE MOOSE TRACKS (Need I say more?)
Luv #7: a long, hot shower with no need to rush and no need to immediately straighten or mousse the unruly and attitude-provoking hair
Luv #8: my laptop. I love the lazy convenience of being able to sit or stand anywhere while using the computer. Usually it's sitting, but if I ever DO need to stand...I can do that too.
Luv #9: my B. She's actually an easy top 3 in my loves, but for the sake of post-flow...well, you know...she got nudged a bit. She doesn't mind. I asked.
How I love my B! She is maturing into an amazing young woman. She is not perfect...in fact, she drives me quite crazy on many an occasion...but oh the potential so easily seen in this one makes my heart happy. :)
Her faith grows daily. I love walking into her room at night:
"B, it's late. You need to stop reading and turn that light out."
...only to see that she is reading her scriptures.
(Do you hear that shlooshy sound? That would be my heart melting.)
She has really faced challenges at school this year head-on. I admire that. One small challenge was her Science class. She has been so nervous about dissections and "gross" information, but I know she is going to excel. She's just that type.
She's obviously getting used to ickiness. Check out her necklace...
That, my friends, is a California Black Worm. aka: Martha
She has to keep up with this critter for 3 weeks to see if it fragments. (That's reproduce asexually, for the inquiring minds.) Fun times at the Herwigs!
At least this gives her and lil man something to bond over. Gross, icky worms on necklaces are a big hit with 5-year-olds.
Just an FYI.







6 comments:
Oh, that worm makes my skin crawl. It is so small I am sure it could find its way somewhere I don't EVEN want to know. On another note, I think Miss B is definitely growing up into a beautifully awesome young woman and am impressed with her reading those Scriptures. :) Love the hot showers too. That is my quiet time. :)
Yay for the loves!!! Was anybody else's utility bill THROUGH THE ROOF last month? The result... Callahans have been sporting warm pjs, socks, slippers, and blankets cause I no likey to pay so much to utility company. Side effect has been me randomly pouncing on my boys for cuddles cause they look so cozy... they no likey that. Darn.
Gotta love good girls! Good girls ROCK. Yay for B.
Loving the love, not the worm. Ugh.
I really enjoyed B's testimony on Sunday. I can tell she is such a good girl. Yay for moose tracks!
How did I miss all of these 'luv' posts? It's fun to hear about your loves. B is a beautiful girl and really growing up, wow. I can't comment on your idol 'luv' because you know me, I'm not a watcher, never even seen it. But... I'm happy you are enjoying it again. :)
Just wondering, is that black worm unicellular?
Post a Comment