Someone I love doing something I love.
My son...my tornado...my never sit still touch everything climb jump destroy it all cause it looks better in pieces son actually enjoyed an ENTIRE trip to my beloved library.
Brace yourselves. It gets better...
This INCLUDED storytime!
I know. I'm still on cloud nine.
Look. I have proof:
See? He's SITTING DOWN happily watching the puppet show. He sat through the ENTIRE show...without walking around or disrupting other people. Who knew?
~
Then...
With full-out motions!

~
Not surprisingly, he enjoyed a computer session. The amazing part is that he stayed put. Did everyone appreciate that last part? He didn't move. At all. He was so focused, I managed to find 5 books in the Young Adult section (right beside him)...and even sit and begin reading one.

~
Not surprisingly, he enjoyed a computer session. The amazing part is that he stayed put. Did everyone appreciate that last part? He didn't move. At all. He was so focused, I managed to find 5 books in the Young Adult section (right beside him)...and even sit and begin reading one.
Crazy, I tell you.
He quickly searched for a book or two while not tossing some books in other bins or leaving them on the floor or running off to another section just to see me scramble to keep up. He even calmly looked for a DVD, while NOT destroying the shelved collections.
Who is this kid??
~
Are you ready for this?
He WALKED to the little reading hut and SAT to look through a book. He didn't even need me to come control him...er, um, I mean sit with him. He found a seat away from the other child. He didn't leave the book in the hut. He brought it down to put it away.
WHAT??
~
Really. Look at that well-behaved child.
~
One would never guess what's really running amuck in that over-active brain of his.
He asked for his own library card. Stood right beside me while we got him all official-like. He didn't even ask for a sticker! Unbelievable.
He did try to go behind the desk, but actually listened when I told him he wasn't allowed. Inconceivable!
He did try to go behind the desk, but actually listened when I told him he wasn't allowed. Inconceivable!
I'll go one further...he didn't ask to go to the bathroom! Not even once. And was patient to wait for his snack until we got back in the van.
I don't know what has happened between now and the last time we attempted a storytime/library visit, but we have turned a corner people!
~
I'm not delusional enough to think he will from now on be the stellar library patron my girls have always been. I'm quite certain we'll have days he tests the limits of mine and everyone else in the building's patience, but to have ONE successful and even enjoyable visit...ahhhhhhh.
I'm not delusional enough to think he will from now on be the stellar library patron my girls have always been. I'm quite certain we'll have days he tests the limits of mine and everyone else in the building's patience, but to have ONE successful and even enjoyable visit...ahhhhhhh.
That, my friends, feels SO good!
~
Today I love my lil man. I love him loving a trip to the library. I love being able to finally share (even if only once) something me and my girls LOVED so incredibly much for so many years. I have looked forward to this since he was born, and after very discouraging attempts every 6 months for the past 5 years...I find a lot to love.
~
*Inquiring minds want to know what KB sang for the talent show. "Wherever I Go" by Miley Cyrus. If I can ever figure out how to get it from my phone to my computer to this blog, I'll share. And thank you to all the congrats and sweet comments about KB.
Good friends? Also a happy Luuuv. :)












9 comments:
So . . . do you think on the next sleepover he would pick the library over the park???
He's gotten so tall! Its so nice to think that maybe my little man will reach that point eventually. Our first library story time yesterday didn't go quite as well. Someday...maybe...
Grace and I go on Wed. a.m. 9:30, maybe we'll see you sometime :)
Inquiring minds want to know....what kind of drugs did you give your little man before heading to the library? j/k
I can't believe how BIG he's gotten!
Yay! That is HUGE! Hope it continues!
Awwww, I remember those days... days of exiting the library with a certain 2 year old howling at the top of his lungs, me sweating, head hung low, Savannah crying because SHE was being good but still had to leave early, said son telling me repeatedly that he was 'smorry' and blowing me kisses in the car to hope that ultimate punishment did not await him at home. Awwwwww, good times, hee-hee. Christian still thinks library are quite torturous (and he is 15 YEARS OLD)... all the unnecessary whispering, books, and quiet... not his ideal place to hang. Me and Savannah? We could live in a library or Barnes and Noble! PS - I really think I deserve a reward for the ULTIMATE run-on sentence, I have real talent! right?!
Im so proud of him!!! Tell him I miss him! and that I miss the girls!!!! oh and of course I miss you dana!!!
Sounds like the library is your new it. Fabulous! Is everyone well at your house yet??? I heard y'all had another round.
You've inspired me to try storytime again. Soooo proud of Lil Man!
Post a Comment