Luv #10

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Okay then. Here goes.
Whether anyone (ahem, Jessica) agrees or not.
I'm just throwing it out there. Being strong.

My #10 luv?

AMERICAN IDOL!

I am so serious.
Agree or not, I will not be swayed.
I am in love with Idol as I have not been in YEARS.

Everything I had come to dread about Idol is now obsolete. Oh...it just makes me HAPPY! If unsatisfied readers would like a list, I am happy to oblige. I would get into the meat of it now, but it's late and I am tired. Too tired to type. But apparently not too tired to alliterate.

Well that last sentence duo just proved my point that I need to wrap this up quick. The giddiness is quickly setting in and I am almost to that delusional point where I am convinced that I am indeed hilarious. To spare you, I must hurry on...

Idol...ahhhhhh. I love the judges.
Really. I love them. For better or for worse. Even the times, I cringe...I am loving it. I look forward to Wednesday and Thursday nights with an embarrassing level of glee.

The potential talent is crazy amazing!
I am so excited for Hollywood week I CANNOT EVEN STAND IT!

I do have my favorites...my maybes...and my "what the hey were they thinking?"s, but I will not mention specifics. I don't want to jinx anyone. Kinda like when you're watching figure skating and the skater is doing awesome and some clueless soul mentions how they haven't fallen yet...BAM!...they fall or stumble. I will not be the clueless soul.

And now that I have moved on to the random tangent analogies, I will end. Stupid commentary is close behind and I will spare you.

But for real, friends...I am luvin me some Idol!
Let the debate begin.

7 comments:

Dawn, said...

Ummm looks like we both can't sleep, tee-hee. Else you are just an overachiever posting your #10 luv at 1am. And now I will admit something... I have never watched Idol, not a one. I KNOW! I think it would pain me to watch the poor delusional talentless folks. It has been suggested that I just start watching after the 'tryout' phase is over. Now we don't have TV and I may remain Idol clueless for my whole life. But I sure used to be hooked on SYTYCD, is that even still on?

Charity said...

I too have found my love for Idol has been rekindled! I find Steven Tyler thoroughly entertaining, although he looks a bit like a mix between an ape and a Shar-Pei. Ha ha I can't help but watch.

Mandi said...

I've only caught a few episodes this season, but I am enjoying it MUCH more than previous seasons.

Sharon said...

I haven't watched it in years. We don't watch tv. Only movies, but my sister says that she likes it a lot more than she thought and thinks the new judges are great.

Jessica M said...

A simple blog comment will not suffice in the thorough canvassing you and I must give this topic. But, I'm with you. J-Lo is good good good so much better than I could have anticipated. Steven Tyler is such a rock star, in every sense of the word. I miss Simon telling everyone "No" and am wary of the judges caving in to anyone who sobs "but this is my dreeeeaaam" *sniff* *sniff*

Anyway, Dahnelle and I are talking Idol party night soon, maybe the first competition show - you in????

Kim Mayfield said...

I've been watching more this season than I have the past few. Must say, so far I am liking it. Hollywood Week last night was kind of brutal, but lots of those folks needed to go.
Should be an interesting season... I'm excited!

Anonymous said...

So, while I was in Maui last week we ran into Steven Tyler himself (not kidding) like 3 times! To be honest he kind of creeps me out so I was a bit surprised to find out that he is a really genuinely NICE guy. For real...Kelly asked him for a picture and told him that his daughter (i.e. Kierstyn) loved him and he said, "Well call her up!" and he talked to Kierstyn on the phone. Then he made a point to go into a store and find a piece of paper to sign for her (we hadn't even asked him to). Of course you know Kierstyn was just DYING and she told him she'd see him in 5 years when she's old enough to try out for AI.

Anyway, long story. :)

We were already watching AI this season and loving it but you can bet we'll be watching every single episode from now on!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley