Luuuv #1

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What fun ideas people share!

February seems to have sparked a lot of luuuuv creativity in the blogosphere. Methinks this is the perfect opportunity to merrily frolic back into a more structured posting mind frame.

Instead of committing to one specific idea, I think I'll mix a couple of tasty ideas up into a nice thick mod-podge milkshake. I'm not sure which flavor I'll choose on any particular day, but tasty it shall be. (How this turned into a food analogy, I'm not sure...but let's roll with it, shall we?)
Today, I focus on someone I love doing something she loves.

KB's school hosted a talent show last night.
Seriously fun entertainment fo sho!
If you know KB, you know that she was singing before she spoke her first complete sentence. She loves to sing, act, perform, drive us crazy...er, I mean, entertain us completely. :)

She has been super excited about this talent show for months. And wouldn't you know but that she caught a cold and had a scratchy throat. Poor girl. But she was determined to give it a go. She practiced and practiced and (okay, this last practiced is because I am a total stage mom and always make her sing it through "just one more time...like you mean it") practiced. We joked that maybe she should wear a sign that said: "Warning: Mucus". Gross, but all in fun.
So she sang.

Isn't she just the cutest thang?

She did GREAT!

She came in 2nd! Woot Woot!!


My love for the day?
My baby girl. Miss KB.

She tells me that I don't post about her anymore.
I tell her it's because she's boring.
HA!
Never could a statement be farther from the truth. KB is anything but boring. Life with this one is crazy, loud, exciting, frustrating, obnoxious, musical, silly, emotional, loving, affectionate, interesting, educational, and a tad OCD-inducing. It is a whirlwind roller coaster ride of a tornadic hurricane.
And even though at least once a day I want to pull my hair out...I love this bright-eyed, beautiful, talented, sweet firecracker to all sorts of colorful bits and pieces.
Getting back to my food analogy...
She's just delicious.

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Great job at the talent show KB!
What did she sing?

And Yes, a fun girl, full of personality!

Anonymous said...

Yay, KB!

And I'm not surprised in the least, scratchy voice and all...she rocks!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, KB!!! Congrats! I am sure you ROCKED the house!

Charity said...

Congratulations KB! I, too, am dying to know what she sang?

hope said...

She sang beautifully! Loved it!!

Sandra said...

I knew you'd do great! So very proud of you!!

Julie said...

How I love my K! Way to go! Miss her and the rest of the Herwigs. :(

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley