'Tis the season to be a happy Dana. :)

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It is indeed that time of year again and
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
Even with all of the hullabaloo...I am a happy Dana. :)

I found time to decorate before we hosted Thanksgiving and can I just say...? I am a happy Dana. :)

For the past three years, I have incorporated either lyrics of a favorite Christmas carol or lines from a stellar Christmas quote into some seriously FUN wall art. This year, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted. And let me just say...
I am a happy Dana. :)

First though, let me dwell on my mantle...

I just love mantles.

*sigh* It may be mine, but it shore is purdy.


I wish my pictures could do it justice, but they don't. Guess you'll have to come by and visit. :)

Are you ready?
'Cause we are talking serious CUTE.

The inspiration for this Christmas is "Joy to the World".
I have always loved this song. It gives me goose bumps at all the perfect moments. Some of my all-time favorite phrases come from this carol.

One of them greets you from our foyer...

See the darling little birdie on top? Oooh...it's gonna get good!

To the left of the foyer, in our dining room-turned-piano room...

And again, notice the darling birdie...

And here is my mostest favoritest part!


I am in love with this phrase!
For some reason generations ago, the LDS church changed the words to this part...but I decided it needed a resurgence. "Nature" brings to my mind twiggy trees and birds, so what else could have been plastered all over my wall?

On the opposite wall next to my...er, I mean, OUR tree...is a perfect reminder.


The birds and snowflakes are so flippin cute that I pretty much put them anywhere I could. For instance, over my kitchen door...

I seriously have these birds everywhere...but it's not too much...really.
It's peeerrrrrfect.

Can you see how dadgum adorable this is?
Twiggies and birdies around the TV! *SIGH*


Okay. I'm calm now. I just get so caught up in Christmas.
Makes me a happy Dana, you know?

Another happy-making decision...?
Putting "Merry Christmas" AROUND the column!

GEEEEEENIUS!
~
A BIG FAT THANKS to my dear friend, Mandi, for her patience with me as I go through this process every year. And especially for her mad vinyl skillz, without which many of my Christmas decor dreams would never see reality.
*All vinyl a product of Fontaholic, http://fontaholic.blogspot.com
~
Now that my home is a happy Christmas place, I must refocus...
THE CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL IS ON ITS WAY!!!

Merry (early) Christmas, everyone!

15 comments:

Stefanie H said...

OOHH that is seriously cute! I think my favorite part is the twiggys and birds by the TV! Love it.

Julie said...

Love the birdies! Everything looks great! I'm glad to hear from you. Where's a Thanksgiving pic post though? I missed you guys. :(

Shaunte' said...

Can I just say A-MA-ZING... I absolutely love it all!!

Karen said...

Beautiful. So this up before Thanksgiving and down on Easter? Just wondering.....

kg said...

Very creative...both you and Mandi!

Quincy Sorensen said...

You are one of the funniest friends I have.

I love it all!

Anonymous said...

It all looks great! Love the colors of the different birdies! :)

Kim Mayfield said...

Seriously LOVE the birds!! And the cute tree. And the sayings. And... Ok, just love it all! ;)

Sarah (and a few others) said...

cute cute cute!!

I agree. "Heaven and Nature" is the best.

Jessica M said...

'Tis the season to oogle at Dana's fabulousness. Wow! I am enthralled. And the birds??? Love the birds. I'm glad to have such talented friends.

Natalie said...

I am glad you are a happy Dana! Your home looks cozy and festive...I'll be right over!

Cassie Blake said...

oh my gosh!!!! so cute!!! I cant wait to come and see it!!!! and see you and the kids!! does Carter even remeber me??? I miss you guys so much!!

Stacey said...

Love, love, love it! You are amazing! Can you come decorate my house next? I wish I were there to see it!

Bianca said...

Seriously cute!! Can't wait to see it in person....if you are ever home long enough for me to stop by!

Dawn, said...

Fabulous... I really should jump on this vinyl bandwagon, brilliant!!!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley