Does it make sense for me to post a "New Year" post without having even downloaded our Christmas pictures yet?
(We had an AMAZING one, by the way.)
Or having posted about the kid's school year?
Or what about Disney World and HARRY POTTER???
I know...I know...blech.
I could offer up a couple of great excuses:
1)I injured my back, bad. Not fun. No movement. Lots of pain. You get the picture.
2)B and I finally were "blessed" with that infamous stomach bug I've heard so much about.
But I won't stoop to excuses. Nope, not me. :)
I also will not dwell.
Nu-uh. Not my style.
I am moving on.
I am rounding out my year and moving on. If I skip around chronologically...who the flip cares? You? Me? Anyone? Anyone?
Yep. I agree. It's all good.
Ahem...moving on now.
2010 has been a full year. A good year.
I have learned, grown, mourned, wallowed, rejoiced, fretted, grumbled, exulted, and worked my way to the end of it. And now I sit on the brink of 2011...ready, willing, and capable.
Resolutions for this new year? I'm not sure.
I'm thinking instead I'll call them challenges. I'm much better with a good solid challenge obnoxiously staring me in the face. With a challenge, I can simply do the best I can each day. If I don't do so great one day, I don't need to feel like I failed. I just need to try to do a little better the next time. I know I can do a little better if I try. No pressure. No judgements. A challenge...gotta love 'em.
Plus, I don't really enjoy the word "resolve". It's reminds me of a cleaner...and the word "resign" which doesn't give me warm and fuzzies either. I need a word that doesn't weigh me down. A word that will motivate and excite me.
"challenge" Yep. I like that one. It gets me revved up.
Bring it, I say.
For 2011, I challenge myself with the following:
*end each day with a positive thought...for myself, my honey, my children
*to follow through with good intentions...in a timely manner
*when I think of someone...let them know
*compliment others...I usually think them, I don't always say them
*be supportive...openly and verbally
*be a true friend...do, serve, invite, share, listen, laugh, cry
*read through all of the standard works...even when I don't understand a blessed thing
*post at least every other day...just to share a thought if nothing else
*don't let other people bring me down...only I control how I feel about myself
*allow my testimony for and my love for my Savior to be easily seen by others by the way I live and the choices I make
I have others. Many personal and close to my heart, but these I can easily share. I know we all will encourage and uplift each other as we each try to "challenge" ourselves this coming year. That's what friends are for...we're all in this together...wind beneath my wings...okay, so maybe I can't find a phrase without bringing to mind a musical or movie soundtrack, but you get the idea. :)
I pray we each have a most blessed and joyous 2011.
May each day bring special memories to treasure.
And like I've said before...
May each day bring at least one silly giggle.
Love to all and...
Happy New Year, ya'll!
Tombstone
6 years ago






4 comments:
Such a lovely post! I love your challenges!
Well said... or, typed!
New Years resolutions, goals, challenges.... whatever motivates us to progress forward. I love yours. They are great! Best wishes to you and yours this New Year!
I loved this post. Everything. I'm also into your "challenges". Resolutions and I don't always get along so well. I'm hopping on your challenges wagon.
Post a Comment