Mr. Story-Pants...boo to you.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

I need a break.

From myself.

Steve and I are speaking at a YSA (young single adults) Fireside tonight and I have this one section that I just can't get right. UGH! And I have 2 hours to figure it out.

Steve has all these great stories to share from growing up in Guam and the Philippines. Riveting, I tell ya. What do I have? Squat. Of course there's my sparkling personality *sarcasm intended*, but can that carry me through 45 minutes of tag-teaming with "Mr. Story-Pants"???

I guess I could always share the time lil man peed in the dishwasher but how exactly do I tie that in with a gospel principle?

Just kidding. And now I HAVE to stop procrastinating and just get this part FINISHED! But it's so much easier to ramble. Just a ramblin. Ramble ramble ramble-ina. Ruh-uh-amblin! That's me. I'm a rambler. Ramble-osity. That's my thing.
(sorry, Quincy...you've been subjected to this twice)

Wish me well. Or at least that I'm somewhat interesting. Or partially engaging. I'll take anything that doesn't make me look like a Debbie Downer next to Mr. Story-Pants.

Okay, okay...I'm going.
Focus. Focus. Focus!

6 comments:

kg said...

Good luck, but I know you'll come up with something... you're a fun speaker! :)

Natalie said...

Oh, fun! Good luck pulling it together. And Mr. Story Pants has nothing on you, you will both do GREAT!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I was already laughing before I got to my name, but now I am cackling! I bet you guys did GREAT!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Hee hee, his stories just even the playing field, because you know you are the charmer!!

Jessica M said...

I am absolutely positive that the sparkling personality (no sarcasm intended) will play well.

And little man's gospel tie-in? "Be careful where you make a deposit because you never know when it will come back to bite you, or contaminate your dishware, or, yeah."

Kim Mayfield said...

Kayti said y'all were awesome! She really enjoyed this fireside!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley