But I still love him...

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Not only is my son gross, he can be rude AND delusional.

I know...I know...how could that sweet little boy who has so lovingly been referred to as "lil man" for years have morphed into a potty-humor loving, shock-value talking, no clothes wearing independent little cuss??

No clue.

But I still adore him. He is my lil man after all. He IS still cute...and funny...and adventurous...only now it's tempered with a new level of what I'll delicately call his own brand of humor.

Some moments in lil man history, I refrain from sharing with the masses. Trust. You DON'T want to know. Although, I am quite impressed with his ingenuity at times. Think: Artemis Fowl....?

In his more public-friendly moments, he can crack me up...even though it usually makes me a tad nauseous or irritated. But I still love him. :)

A comment I can share:
"I have to pee so bad I can taste it!"
(A mistake we made was laughing. He then had to add to it...)
"Mmmm...pee pee juice. I love pee pee juice. It's so much better than eating poo-poo."
Gross. We should have known better than to encourage him. Now every single time he has to go potty...he shares the same sentiment: "I have to pee pee so bad I can taste it." I have long since stopped laughing, but he still feels the need for validation.
He questions: "What??? I not funny any more?"
I say: "Nope. You're yucky."
Lil man just shrugs his shoulders and says: "Well, I fink it's still funny" and walks away without a care in the world.

He's confident too. Did I mention that?

A delusional moment to share:
Lil man to me: "I like you, but I like Daddy better."
Before I could even ask, he explains:
"Because he does everyfing for me."

Nice. Nothing like a little ill-placed gratitude to make you feel like a great mom. :/

A sweet moment to relish:
My mom and dad have been entertaining each grandchild during a special weekend all for them. Lil man's weekend didn't go so well. He kept asking to come home. Oops.
K just got home from her weekend and my mom asked lil man if he would like to come try again...maybe this time with K?
Lil man quickly replies:
"Sure. 'Cause I love her."

And she loves you too.
We all do...you little (as my grandmom has fondly called all her grandchildren for decades) rat fink kid. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear friend, you always make me laugh!

Jessica M said...

I love the way you write, you crack me up.

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley