My son and the Borg

Monday, April 19, 2010

Good Grief...where have the days gone??

Lil man moments before I forget:

* Sunday I stayed home from church due to a leg procedure that proved to be more uncomfortable than I had planned. I kept K home with me because she seemed to be coming down with a nasty head cold and some fun laryngitis (she's better now, thanks), so of course lil man decided he needed to stay home as well. He asked if he had to go to church and I asked him if he WANTED to go...to which he replied "no".
I said: "Too bad. Since you don't want to go, you really should go."
Lil man quickly replied: "Okay, I want to go."
To which he followed up with sheer confusion on his face: "Does dat make sense? Now I not have to go??"

* Lil man was interrupting and I told him to wait just a minute and please not be rude. He sighs a big ol' frustrated sigh and informs me: "I know, I know. I hear dat from my teachahs. Pwease don't tell me dat."
I question: "Why are do they tell you not to be rude?"
Lil man evasively murmurs: "I don't want to talk about it."

Fair enough, son. But I WILL be talking about this to your teachers tomorrow. Good luck throwing me off the trail with your cuteness.

Yeah, okay...we all know cuteness is the ultimate weapon and
resistance is futile.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm sorry, but did I miss the "Borg" part of this post? What did that mean?

Sharon said...

At least he was polite and said he didn't want to talk about it! :)

And I agree with your mom, where's the "Borg"? :)

Natalie said...

That boy is a thinker. Too cute!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley