Since I have been asked more than once, I obviously need to explain how my brain sometimes threads thoughts together with no apparent concern for anyone's understanding.
My previous post's title included a reference to the Borg even though I didn't specifically mention these Star Trek characters in my post. Why I even brought Star Trek into the story, I have no idea...but I did. Now I must explain.
Before attacking and assimilating their enemies, the Borg always offer a brief but powerful statement to spare any pointless retaliation:
Resistance is futile.
Therefore, when I claimed my son's cuteness to be a "weapon", my brain immediately triggered Star Trek Voyager moments (as scary as that is). THEN once my brain had successfully found a "weapon" comparison, I couldn't abandon it (that would have just been rude, don't you think?). Thus leaving me with no acceptable alternative but to include the statement "resistance is futile" in my sentence structure. But once you really think about it...it does make sense...the comparison, I mean. Probably not the best idea to include something that has to be analyzed and explained, huh. Eh...it is what it is.
Obviously not my brightest moment.
But hey, it made complete sense to me.
Maybe that's not my best defense either...
Tombstone
6 years ago






6 comments:
Oh, no, I got it. Star Trek all the way, babay.
It made COMPLETE sense to me and I HATE Star Trek!
I totally got it, and I don't watch Star Trek. Maybe brilliant minds work the same way?
I so didn't get it, but all minds think differently for a reason and I am NOT a Trekky, never have been and never will be. I don't even know if I spelled "trekky" right. ha ha! Of course I have been known to think differently than others and have had several people tell me that they thought so (yes, it makes a girl feel good). So I could be the minority on "not getting it". lol
I got it too. :)And I loved the story by the way.
I got it too...*my disclaimer* my husband used to love that show.
Post a Comment