I am woman! ...hear me snore...

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One day when I look back at my blog...as I'm sitting and enjoying each and every post...I'll wonder: Why is there a week in the middle of April with nothing??

Well, let me tell myself...lest I forget this "magical" time.

*Montgomery field trip
*sick
*preschool Field Day
*doctor appointments out the wazoo
*meetings for school and church
*6th Grade Field Day (I'm the rep)
*Teacher Appreciation Week (I'm the chair again)
*Support Staff Day (mine too)
*designing and taking care of K-5 Field Day shirts
(I folded over 350 the other night...ugh, but they are super cute)
*girls' homework, tests, and projects
*misc school stuff
*Young Women's Camp for church
*camp...
*camp...
*camp...
*camp...

I know I'm forgetting something, but this mostly covers it.
To those of you out there who are equally busy...or have sick children...or sick selves...or just need a moment in the sun to enjoy...I love you and I support you. I wish for you time to breathe. Time to truly appreciate yourself and to recognize the blessings of family and friends. Time to feel and wrap up in our Heavenly Father's love.

As moms/women/wives, we have such a capacity to give. We are blessed with added strength and insight. We tackle our tasks head-on and are fabulous in the process.

We. Are. Amazing.

We are also exhausted, spent, and possibly fighting off a complete "come apart", but amazing nonetheless.

Can I get an amen?

15 comments:

Dawn, said...

a.m.e.n sister!!!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Who needs to Time Out for Women when we've got Dana?

Anonymous said...

Amen!

And because you aren't busy (hahahahahahahahahahaha), how 'bout emailing me those pics of our girls? :)

Jessica M said...

Amen. However, I'll give YOU a double Amen because I have no clue how you keep up with everything in your life. YOU are amazing.

hope said...

AMEN! (And ditto on what Jessica said!)

Karen said...

Ahhh. Thanks for the pep talk. Some how I wish it would take away all that is going on over here...I keep saying it always camed to pass and not to stay. Good luck with your work load.

Julie said...

Amen! Thanks for the update. I've been thinking about you. I miss hearing from you...even on FB. :(

Sandra said...

AMEN!!! One day you'll look back and remember these times as some of the best. But for now, just take it one day at a time.

Natalie said...

Good luck on that lengthy list...WOW! I need a nap just reading about it.

Sharon said...

Amen to that and everything everyone else has said. ;)

kg said...

I'm tired reading your list. I'm sure you're tired too...you always do a fantastic job!

Shaunte' said...

Yes! We are AMAZING women... after that pepe talk I can conquer the wooorrrrlllddd.....!!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I hope you are getting rest and staying healthy. :)

Kim Mayfield said...

Camp? It can't be keeping you that busy! ;)

You are amazing!! I can't wait to get you to Liberty next year... we need a PTA mom like you!!!

Charity said...

...and another amen!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley