"Wish I had my camera."
K wondered why and I reminded her that this was the last morning, possibly ever, that I would be driving her and B to school together.
She questioned: "And you want to take a picture of that??"
I had to laugh. She was right. Some things you just can't capture in a photograph. Some moments are just that...fleeting moments in our lives that we wish we could pause for a little while longer. I couldn't capture my emotions this morning if I tried. Truly, no way to "take a picture" of how my heart wept as memory upon memory flooded my mind of the hundreds of mornings we hurried to school...both my girls: sometimes laughing, at times still half-sleeping, even occasionally arguing. Flying past were visions of my girls as little bits, as "big girl" kindergartners, the awkwardness of growth spurts, first day wearing glasses, a big hair cut to show off, and now they are big girls for real.
Fortunately, I get to "keep" K in elementary school for a little while longer, but this is B's last day. I honestly don't know how all the moms are handling their graduating Seniors as well as they are. I am having an emotional come-apart.
Do you realize that we will now have B in our home for less time than we have had her since she was born? I am compelled to ask the age-old rhetorical question: WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE? 'Cause I just don't know.
What I do know is that the times our family is together may be a combination of happy, joyful, frustrating, annoying, busy, lazy, etc...but we are together. And to stop myself before I start quoting "High School Musical" lyrics, I will end.
And weep for just a bit more.
~


~







9 comments:
Memories . . . of the way we were.
Makes me remember your first day in school after we moved to Jemison. We had you on the wrong bus! What great parents we were!!
Now isn't that sweet? My mommy moment was figuring out what grade everyone will be in when Katie final goes. That keeps me from remebering that Thomas will be a freshman and starting seminary. Argh! Where has the time gone?!
I'm feeling tears. Love your girls!
And I think I should call and chat Idol nothings with you. Did you watch the finale? I was fondly remembering the time I was yelling in bitter protest and you were jumping up cheering in glee when David Cook won Idol. Sigh. Ah, for another season like that one.
As you already know... jsut try to enjoy the time that you have. Of course looking forward to the fun (o.k. not so much the crazy) times you will have in the future...
Thanks for sharing your thouhts today and making me take pause for just a moment to think and remember and appreciate times gone by.
Such big girls! Going to middle school is such a big deal, but honestly, Bradleigh has seemed ready for that for a long time. :)
'Occasionally' fighting? Lol.
I'm kind of nervous about moving on to middle school, but I'm glad you posted this. I think I might be getting a little emotional now too.
I thought of you this morning! I knew it was the last day of school and the last day of elementary for B. Glad you shared your thoughts and the cute pictures of your girls!
oh, no more growing up!
It really goes by as quickly as they all say!
Post a Comment