I am slowly rediscovering the lost art of "onward and upward".
At least it's been lost to me for a while...er, um...okay, a long while.
I tend to get bogged down in attempting to stay on track. Following through from my A to my Z. Unfortunately, I don't always get to travel uninterrupted from B to C. Sometimes I hit a snag and wind up at Q. Then I spend way to much mental and emotional energy trying to find some way to get back to D...? I can't even remember which letter my analogy is on. Ugh. Imagine me trying to apply this logic in my daily reality.
Not. Pretty.
So in an attempt to follow that cleverly evasive path of onward and upward, I am starting now!
* I will not keep putting off my blog posting until I finally have ALL my pictures editted and perfectly organized.
* I will not continue to stare helplessly at my sign-in page wishing I was "caught up". ('Cause we all know there ain't no such animal.)
* I will not feel the ugly spark of jealousy every time a friend's blog shows a new post. (Green does not always look good on me, friends.)
* I will post if something happens that I wish to share, document, or analyze...even if I haven't posted about the previous day's events yet.
* I will enjoy my blog once again...OH YES I WILL!
(I really have missed our easy-going friendship, Bloggie-dear. Will you be ever so happy to have me back? Like it used to be?)
So here I go...moving onward and upward.
Even though we have had trips, events, musings, and escapades...I will not look back with dispair. I will joyfully share what is now...if I have a now to share. And when I need a post...I will lovingly (not painstakingly) look back and fill in with memories.
This will not...I REPEAT...this will NOT be a burden.
This will be a joyful and fun experience again!
...whether I like it or not.
And just to prove to myself that I am indeed capable of embracing R while still hanging out with M and N...drumroll please...here is a tidbit from yesterday:
While on our way home from church, the girls were blissfully discussing our soon-to-be dinner. (Recipes courtesy of one of our favorite friends.) K was most excited about the breadsticks, and exclaimed:
"They are just like Heaven!!
...if Heaven is salty and chewy."
During this same ride home, I was the surprise target of the girls' most recent demands...they want a baby brother or sister. Weeeellllll...I'm not so sure that's going to be happening, or at least any time soon...but K quickly let me know that our family was NOT complete.
"Mommy, 3 is for quitters!" *
*Disclaimer: For those of us who have 3 or less children, pets, cars, or spouses...do not be offended by this proclamation by my resident 9-year-old. She knoweth not what she yelleth. She is just on the warpath to convince me that it is time to expand.
Unfortunately, I've expanded all I need to and will in no way no how be expanding further until my most recent expansions decrease. I'd say at least 30 pounds worth. Yeesh...talk about pressure at home.
But as long as Bloggie-dear and I are friends again...all is well.
Tombstone
6 years ago






9 comments:
3 is for quitters!! ha ha That kills me. That is so funny, especially considering what we were just talking about on the phone.
Wow. seriously, I appreciate the effort here. moving forward!!
Yeah for you. And I am laughing at 3 is for quitters. Makes me feel better since I have 4 and can only handle 3.
I think because you write so well it is only fair to the rest of us that you feel slumped sometimes. Good luck moving forward.
I laughed at least 5 times reading this post. I'm delighted (yes been reading Austen) Delighted! you're becoming a new blogging woman again. I always enjoy what you write even when you're not "all caught up". And tell K that 3 kids is great. Really, a good place.
Yes, Onward and Upward!!! I like this! I need to stop worring I don't have the pic's (that i purposely took) to add to my blog post, because I can't access them or something. I confess though, that facebook has eaten away at some of what I wished to blog about... and I feel dumb double posting/blogging... but, I need to say to myself, onward and upward! and just do it!
It's good to hear what you're up to. I miss your blog posts and FB updates. I feel so out of the loop! Glad you're making a comeback.
Remind K about the "3 is for quitters" when she has kids of her own. :) (I guess I'm a BIG quitter since I'm done at two. That's already one more than I can handle! LOL!)
Beautifully spoken Dana! "Three is for quitters?" where'd she pick that up? :)
You make me smile! ...But I'm not so sure about the 3 is for quitter's thingy. :) I mean, there's the 3 musketeers, 3 wisemen, 3 stooges, and don't forget, God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost...I think 3 is pretty good :) Maybe 4 is for over-achievers...which I.am.not.
Post a Comment