I actually made it out of the house yesterday.
I ran by the school to take care of a few things I had been putting off because K's been so sick. My plan was to get in and out before anyone saw me who might need something and would eventually prolong my stay. I also wanted to get out before B saw me and begged for me to take her home with me.
My plan fell apart on both counts. Bleh.
Why does this matter?
Why, indeed.
When B spotted me upstairs, she immediately wanted to be checked out. Well, that was completely unnecessary because the dismissal bell was to ring only 12 minutes later, so I told her just to stick to the plan and ride the bus. She questioned:
"Why? You're HERE."
Fair enough. However, knowing I still had to make one more stop in the building, and not wanting her to leave before time was officially up and not wanting to track her down...I handed her my keys and said: "Unlock the door and wait for me there."
This is when the other part of the plan went awry. I was stopped at least 3 times by 3 different people for 3 different things. Ugh. Obviously, I didn't make it out of the school until well after all the kids had departed...even the car line was finished. As I approach the van, I notice there is no B in it. Where in the world...? I go back inside. Has anyone seen B? Nope. No one.
I call K to let her know that I'm okay and I'll be home a little later than I thought. And what do I find out?
B is home!
Girl rode the bus! With my keys!
I have K put her sister on the phone and I said: "Um, B? What are you doing home? WITH my KEYS?? Why did you ride the bus? When I gave you my KEYS??"
She stuttered: "I...uh...I...well...I thought...I just got confused!"
Yes, you did.
Fortunately, my dear friend, the assistant PE coach was still on campus. She and her son gave me ride home to retrieve my keys and back to the school to happily reunite myself with my van. (My purse was in there for crying out loud.) Many thank you's to her for taxi-ing me around...although I probably could have done without all the obnoxious laughter while I explained what happened. ;)
But B...seriously, love...remember this valuable life lesson:
If YOU have Mama's keys, MAMA doesn't have her keys.
Tombstone
6 years ago






11 comments:
LOL!!! That is so funny! How frustrating! Jarom has left the house with my keys in his pocket before and using his keys, so when I went to go to work I couldn't. Not cool!
Oh no, good thing you know everyone at the school :)
That is hilarious. Thia happened all the time when I was growing up. Although it was always my mom without the keys. Ahhh. The memories. Oh I am still laughing about you.
Oh no! Lesson for you too...keep a spare key in your wallet (I have one in the coin section) & ALWAYS keep your purse with you. But hopefully ALL the kids will learn from that so it won't happen again! SO glad you had friends to help out! :)
Funny funny!!!
Tell Bradleigh not to feel too badly--sounds like something I would do. Poor moms.
That sounds like one of MY stories... glad I'm not the only one those kinds of things happen to. And, thank heavens for D, she's bailed both of us out of a tough spot more than once - I love that lady!
Aw, poor Bradleigh! She says she's really embarrassed...I don't blame her.
Ah well. Everyone has their stupid moments. This was one of hers.
Oh this made me laugh. Fabulous.
I love stories like this, it makes me feel normal...thanks for a good laugh!
OK, that was a GREAT story. Great stories are totally worth frustrating days. And I haven't talked to you forever. Call me!
Post a Comment