...per the Cheshire Cat's instructions to Alice on how to leave Wonderland.
And 2 weeks later... I feel as though I finally found my own way back to reality. After a week and a half worth of illnesses and a perilous trek to the summit of Mt. Laundry...I might just be almost back to normal.
What an exhausting, ExCiTiNg!, stressful, eNjOyAbLe, mind-numbing, THRILLING! experience! We ran the gamut of emotions during this process, but wouldn't have traded it for anything.
Personally, I need a break from doing make-up and spiral curling hair, but other than that...we are fully behind my child who has officially been bitten-stung-swallowed whole by the acting bug. B thinks she might want to do another play (I think she will), but Miss K...she's a goner. :) Although, the next few parts she'll audition for will be: a rock, a tree, and the town mute.
Seriously, I cannot begin to compute all the HOURS we spent going over line after line after scene after scene. There was not one single 30 minute drive to the play house that we did not spend studying lines or developing reactions. We blocked and painstakingly reenacted every single scene, in our own home...I still have dreams about it. For a mom, it was a ton of extra work. For a 9-year-old, trying to keep up with school and just be a "kid"...it was a colossal undertaking. And she was amazing. Yes, there were times that we both wound up frustrated with each other, but we make a great team and I was so very proud of both my girls!
B, unfortunately, became very ill and missed two performances...and she was greatly missed. Her voice was vital to the Queen's soldiers and everyone noticed the difference when she wasn't there. And every time the soldiers took the stage, my heart broke a little to not see my B. But the shows she did, were wonderful and I am so so happy to see this talent developing in this beautiful 11-year-old. K, was blessed beyond words, and remained healthy throughout the 5 month process. I prayed so hard that she wouldn't get sick...no understudy, you see. And other than complete exhaustion, she made it!
And you know what really impressed me? Through 4 school shows and 4 "prime time" shows, she never once dropped a line. I still feel flabbergasted and gobsmacked and yes...humbled. K was truly watched over and our prayers were answered. This 9-year-old...who had only played the Little Lamb in Charlotte's Web...carried off Alice with grace and maturity.
I am so incredibly grateful for all the support and love from family and dear dear friends. I am so thankful for the cast members and directors who so openly loved and doted on my girls. Thank you for your encouragement, your knowledge, your dedication, and your laughs. This has been an experience we will forever treasure.
Now...on with the show!
Getting ready
the make-up was AMAZING
~
B's make-up was much less involved, but just as enjoyable
~
fun costuming too!
the Mad Hatter had some snazzy pants and shoes
~
the Caterpillar's fierce shoes
~
K's pre-show routine
~
break a leg, baby girl!
~
Friends & Fans
the Knave (Mama Sheep from Charlotte's Web),
they all still call K, Lamby
~
with good friend, MG (Fern from Charlotte's Web)
Couldn't they be sisters??
~
sleepy Dormouse quickly became a fave friend
~
the King has begged me repeatedly to let his parents adopt K
~
#1 fan!
~
Opening Night flowers...and what a pose!
~
Alice had a few adoring fans...
wondering "why all the hugging??"
first fan club :)
they even had to get pictures and autographs...
Showtime!






8 comments:
Yeah!! What an amazing post! I feel like I've been to Wonderland all over again. And let me say, as the official Goppie, that K and B were GREAT. And, also let me say, you are the best Mother ever!
Wow...the makeup & costumes look AMAZING! I SO SO SO wish that I could've seen it. I'm seriously teary-eyed. I would've loved to see my girls in the show. I am SO proud of them (& their stage mother LOL). I'm glad your girls get to carry on my drama bug. I don't think my boys will be into that. LOL.
Much love to all of you!
I have heard so many good things about the performance and K in particular (though I bet B did a great job as well - sorry she got sick!). I wish we had been able to clear the calendar to see it! Those costumes are intense!
I loved seeing this post. You got some great shots too! I have to say welcome back to reality....Kayla you did amazing. It is not easy to do and I was very impressed.
Truly, Kayla was fantastic. She carried the entire production, and I was beyond impressed. Zoe and Kaija loved it as well. I am so glad Bradleigh was well in the show we saw. Two girls that we love!
Great job on all the pictures, I feel like I went to Wonderland. The girls look great! And it sounds like K was fantastic.
Hope everyone is feeling better.
I loved the show! Your girls look beautiful in these pictures.
The make-up was awesome! K did a great job and WHOA! Hold the phone...B looks like a YW now! She shouldn't be allowed to wear make-up cause I ain't ready to admit that I am THAT old! Boy is she growing up fast or what!?!
The show was awesome and the kids loved it!
Post a Comment