Snow...ew. But at least my kids are happy about it.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

As promised, we have snow.
Not a lot, but enough for the kids to enjoy themselves.

If there is enough to draw into...


If there is enough to scrape off the sidewalk...
(K is saying "I wish Bree Bree was here!")


If there is enough to make a snowball...


...and another...


...and another...


If there is enough to fully coat our gloves...


If there is enough to require such intense concentration...


If there is enough to necessitate hot chocolate and the drying out of gloves...


...two centimeters of snow will suit us just fine!
~
Until it really starts coming down and Mommy makes us wait to go back out.


The snow is now covering leaves and trees and grass and re-covering all the scraped up areas. The little people are now dry and warm and anxiously waiting for the time when Mommy swings the door open wide and says:
"Okay, go ahead...let's get this over with."
~
I'm in the minority, I guess. I just don't like to be in snow. It's beautiful as it slowly blankets my scenery, but to have to be IN it and feel the cold slush and get wet and burn-y cold. Nu-uh. No thank you. I don't even like "good" snow where skiing is involved. If it's wet and cold...I'll not be enjoying it. I'll be inside...cozy and warm...sipping white chocolate raspberry hot chocolate...happily watching through the window at my little people playing in the cold mess.
~
But I am extremely happy for B, K, and lil man.
Really, I am.
I'm also happy I thought to warn them last night that "Mommy doesn't play in snow." Whew. Dodged a bullet with that one. :)

7 comments:

Sandra said...

I am in the "middle-ority" in that I love to watch the snow fall, but I do enjoy being out in the snow for a little while.

Natalie said...

You were a good sport. :) We have that in common, the preference to watch from the window.

Brielle would have loved to have K here to enjoy the snow with today.

shari said...

Looks like snow is good luck in ALABAMA! ROLL TIDE!!!!

Karen said...

At least we get to sleep in tomorrow since I am up late. Love your action shots. Fun times.

Lisha said...

I'm with ya.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

I think it is h.i.l.a.r.i.o.u.s that in a few of the snow pictures there is, well, almost no snow. the south. I stinkin' love the south.

Shaunte' said...

sometimes I think kids don't have feelings toward cold and warmth, because I can't stand to be cold either!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley