Poor December...I'm sorry. You know you're my favorite month. Promise.
The end of November and the first week of December brought a lot of K events: lighting of the Christmas tree at City Hall, EARLY-morning choir practices, dress rehearsals, school choir performances, solos and duets, and we even found time to throw in a piano recital. Whew.
I have to acknowledge my daughter's solo. She did beautifully. She auditioned earlier in the school year, and was rewarded with a solo and a duet. Even though she was understandably nervous, she seemed calm and at ease. My Christmas season began with such a precious voice.

~
~
And the cutest little snowman ever.
He was barely 7 inches tall, but he was a giant to us.
~
Early December always brings the Christmas Festival.
It is a blessing and a trial...but always worth it.
What a hoot! I have more video than snapshots, but just know that this child perfectly followed his music teacher's movements. He was uber-focused. Definitely his father's son.

~
I actually, for the first time in 6 years, decorated BEFORE Thanksgiving. And since we have both sides of the family over for Thanksgiving, it added to our festivities...or at least it did for me. :) It has been such a joy to have our home sparkly and warm.
My favorite decoration this year HAS to be this iconic phrase happily decking my walls. Can you read it? Don't you just love it? Nothing like that clever master of rhyme, Dr. Seuss, to remind us what Christmas is really all about.
I actually may leave this up for a while. ;)

~
I would like to personally thank those of you who sent treats our way close to Christmas Eve. If any of these goodies look familiar...you wouldn't be mistaken. Oh...Santa thanks you too.
~
Santa visited lil man...

~
Santa visited K...
B no longer requires or requests a visit from dear Mr. Claus.
Her stocking remained stoically in the hallway, away from the cheer and fun of her siblings' stockings. *sniff*

~
All lil man asked for...for weeks and weeks...was a jack-in-the-box. I couldn't get him to mention ANYTHING else. He was focused. Of course, Christmas morning, Santa had obliged. Lil man spent all day playing with his beloved jack-in-the-box, and when he wasn't actually turning that knob around and around and around and around...we were blessed with his humming of "Pop! Goes the Weasel" as he travelled through the house. Hilarious!
~
Oh yeah...he also got a light saber.
Oh yeah...he also got a light saber.
Santa, what were you thinking???

~
B's DS has been broken for months, so you can imagine how hard she was pressing for a DSi for Christmas. I tried to convince her that it was just too expensive and maybe she could ask for one for her birthday (which is much more financially convenient in July).
I think she actually believed me. lol
I think K did too. LOL
Money well spent.
Aren't they fantastic?!

~
Just some happy kids on a happy day.
I love it!
She brilliantly finds a way to combine the two.

~
December flew by in too much of a hurry, but we managed to grab it before completely leaving. December just wouldn't seem complete without our annual Herwig/Giles festivities!
The crew anxiously waiting for Bobby and Steve to lay out their pyro-stash. But where is the littlest of the crew?
He loved these things, which was a fortunate distraction since he spent most of the firework-time asking to go back in "Carker"s house to play with the toys.

~
Lil man has spent every 4th of July and New Year's Eve watching our fireworks from the safety of either the Giles' front door or our study window. This year, he braved the noise and enjoyed himself almost as much as the older kids...
...
...
...
...almost.
You were a whirlwind, but you were loved.


















8 comments:
I think that I got caught up in your whirlwind!! But I enjoyed every minute. Being a Goppie is the best!
So stinkin' adore the rhyming of Dr. Seuss :) Lil man's hearing protection for the fireworks is so funny!!
Yay for a blog update with pics! Looks like ya'll had a great month! Where to start with comments...LOVE Grandmom's socks (too funny), still can't believe the snow ya'll got, & love the Dr. Seuss vinyls.
Trevor got so spoiled with multiple Christmases, that he's still asking for more presents...
YAY! Dana's back! Yay fro K's solo, Yay for snow, Yay for the Christmas Festival (it's over!), and yay for light sabers!!! Send Lil' Man over with his, Santa left two over here for Hannah and Sam!
I am so suprised that you blogged the whole month in one post. Congrats. Enjoy your week of unscheduled "things"
WOW! Great way to catch up D! LOVE the socks! Cute pic of the ear "protection" and too cute that S was enthralled with the presents!
I can't believe you were albe to post so much in so little space and with pictures!! WoW what a wild and fun month. Love grandma's socks!
Whew. Now I feel like I know what you and yours enjoyed for the past while. Missed reading about you and glad to catch up! :)
Post a Comment