He was 5 weeks old.
This trip, we have been waiting for.
For about 4 years.
Lil man is a bit...shall we say...energetic.
He is not even still in his sleep.
However, lately he has been noticeably more still-ish while watching cartoons or playing the computer. So it was off to the movies for us!

Everyone was excited...
lil man pulling Daddy to go faster...
K doing a little "going to the movies, yeah yeah" dance...
B leading the way.
Lil man's excitement grew upon this discovery.

And that's about it...as far as pictures go.
My internal flash is broken. Boo.
The rest of the story....in short form:
*lil man didn't like the "loud", wore his Daddy's noise-cancelling headphones for the first part
*lil man thought the theater smelled like Preschool, obviously not a good thing...he gagged
*lil man settled down in my lap and munched popcorn for about 30 minutes
*sat in the floor (gross, I know) for another 20 minutes
*played his DS for a while (wow, that thing is bright!)
*really enjoyed the parts where the Chipmunks and Chipettes were actually singing
*continually asked when Toy Story 3 would start (maybe we shouldn't have spent so much time watching the digital posters)
*the girls LOVED the movie, laughed and sang and danced through the entire thing
*I laughed out loud at a couple of parts, but at one point I looked over at Steve and said: "Torture." (I'm sure some of that had to do with hearing lil man ask to leave every 5 minutes...but that was only for the first 15 minutes or so.)
*Finished the trip with Maggie Moo's and the Choc Croc. Yum!
Worth it? Absolutely! Time with my family is priceless. In spite of his misgivings, lil man is repeatedly asking to go see another movie, and what did I hear K say to B as we were leaving the theater...? "Best movie EVER!"
Yeah, totally worth it.






6 comments:
Sounds like a super fun family outing. C is hilarious!
I can't even get Blaire to watch a movie at home. 2 minutes into it she says, "I don't like it, can I go upstairs to play?" I don't see us enjoying a family night at the movies for a long time.
Playing the DS in the theatre...priceless. I love that little guy.
Thanks for the play by play. I don't know when I'll brave taking Trevor to the movies...maybe when he's eight. LOL!
I love when you blog, you always make me giggle! The DS is so funny as is lil man asking for Toy story! I took Addie to the dollar movies early one afternoon to see Ice age 3 and she LOVED it, but changed seats about 10 times. :)
That's our boy!!
I am with you on sitting on the floor being gross. However I have to admit Katie has been there way longer than 20 minutes.
Post a Comment