The winner of my 300th post treat giveaway is...drum roll, please...
MANDI WIGHT!
Her comment:
Your baking IS a talent! Some of my favorite recipes for baked goods have come from you! :) Oh and we are now FLU FREE, so give me a call.
Unfortunately, she spoke too soon. One more of her little ones came down with the flu, another has tonsilitis, another is sick with something else, she has been battling all sorts of lung junk, and her husband doesn't feel great either but still has a crazy work schedule. Not to mention that yesterday was her birthday and she was stuck at home with a houseful of sickies.
Poor friend. :(
I took her a small gift yesterday and told her I was sorry I ran out of time to bake her a fun treat. So this is perfect. If anyone deserves a yummy indulgence right now, it's my friend, Mandi. She is always willing to help with projects, many at the last minute. She doesn't really complain, even though she could...or even should. She is supportive and positive. And I just really love her a lot.
Now, on to our thankfuls.
Today we share this:
Steve is thankful for Alabama Football.
I'm personally a nervous wreck over the game today. My stomach's been hurting for two weeks every time I think about it, but I'll still be thankful for it no matter.
B is thankful for playing with friends.
K is thankful for her Daddy.
She got lots of love from him after this comment.
Lil man is thankful for food.
This wasn't technically his first response when I asked what he was thankful for or what made him happy today. He grouched: "I not happy. I don't wanna be happy today. I don't want to talk anymore."
He's been a grump today. Can you tell?
I am thankful for my nutty kids.
Example #1:
Lil man asked for food the other day. I asked him what exactly he wanted. He said he would like pretzels, goldfish, an Oreo, and a hot dog. I reminded him he doesn't like hot dogs. He replied:
I do! I like hot...oh yeah, you're right...I don't. Nevahmind.
And this is the best one...
Example #2:
The cast and crew who was in "Charlotte's Web" with K call her Lambie. They were debating about whether to still call her Lambie or begin calling her Alice. Since B is now a part of this cast, she asked me what her name could be. She is the second card soldier.
For some reason I immediately thought of "Star Trek Generations". Captain Picard always called his next in command, #1.
I said (like it was a fabulous idea): We can call you, #2!
B responded (with a heavy dose of confusion):
You want to call me POOP?!
Tombstone
6 years ago






9 comments:
#2... Hi-larious!!!
I am very glad Mandi won. You are a thoughtful friend.
ummm...how did I miss a giveaway!!??
You almost ran into a car, you were laughing so hard!
Aww thanks Dana! I have to say I am super excited to see what yummy treat you bake :) And #2 gave me a serious giggle.
Kids are so great!
I have really enjoyed reading your thankful thoughts this week. Thanks for posting them!!
In a way it is sad that I missed a give away, but good too cause I soooo need to lose weight! ;)
Congrats to Mandi and so sad about all the sickies.
Oh, bummer I was keeping my fingers crossed that I would win. But, you are right, sounds like Mandi deserves it.
your post's always brighten my day! :]
PS. tell your husband.
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! :]
Post a Comment