Thankfuls with footnotes. ;)

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Days have passed (I've been sick...ugh), but our thankfuls have not gone unnoticed.

Thursday:
Steve is thankful to live in the South.
B is thankful for church.
She had an amazing dream. I'll share one day if I get permission.
K is thankful for fruit.
I believe it was specifically apples and peanut butter.
Lil man is thankful for "luvving K".
I am thankful for cool sheets when you first climb into bed and let yourself relax.

Friday:
Steve is thankful for annual leave.
He's off work until the Monday after Thanksgiving. WOo hOo!
B is thankful for "me".
Thanks baby girl, I'm thankful for you too.
K is thankful for Webkinz.
Lil man is thankful for ... no idea...he was not cooperating.
I am thankful for my Mom.
A friend and mother of a cast member was killed Thursday night in a car crash. I have been devastated for this 17-year-old. I cannot, nor do I wish to imagine, how earth-shattering it is to lose your mother. As heart-broken as I am for our dear friend, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for my own mother.
And I find new appreciation for our beautiful lives...trials and all.

Saturday:
Steve is thankful for isolated rooms.
This came shortly after a crazy temper tantrum that ran the majority of the family to all corners of the house. (FYI: the tantrum was NOT mine. *wink*)
B is thankful for Christmas trees.
Decorations are out and going up in the house. Yay!
K is thankful for Santa Claus.
I looked at her quizzically and she replied, "What? He's a fat, jolly man!"
Lil man is thankful for K.
I am thankful for new vocabulary words a'la B.
Example?
I've had a bad cough for a few days and B noticed it has turned a bit yucky. She commented on the fact that I am having trouble with "fle-gum". After a confused second or two, I realized she meant "phlegm". Hysterical. LOL

Today:
Steve is thankful for Band-aids.
Reason? We had our first Christmas casualty this evening. Lil man was trying to hang K on the Christmas tree. She lost her balance and they both fell and landed on a pile of small glass ornaments. Ouch. Only a couple were broken and somehow K managed to walk away without a scratch. Lil man has a little cut on his pointer finger and a few scratches on his knee. A few tears and many band-aids later, we're all happy on the home front. AND we are ALL thankful that no one was seriously hurt. I, personally, am pretty much over the whole breaking glass trauma in this house. Seriously.
B is thankful for her sister.
K is also thankful for HER sister.
Thank goodness they both agreed...at the same time. Whew.
Lil man is thankful for food.
Can you believe he came up with something new?!
I am thankful for 4-year-olds who try to choose the right.
Example?
K was singing "Frosty the Snowman" and lil man all of a sudden interrupts her with, "No. You can't sing dat anymore. It has a bad word." K and I tried to reassure him that "Frosty" is an okay song without any bad words, but he would NOT be swayed. It wasn't until I sang it through to myself that I discovered that it does indeed have a bad word.
"...with a corn cob pipe and a "BUTT AND NOSE" and two eyes made out of coal..."

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll never be able to sing Frosty again without thinking about C. :)

kg said...

Hope you are feeling better!!! Always enjoy your families thankfuls.

Julie said...

LOL! Thanks for catching up on all the thankfuls!

SO sorry to hear about your friend. I can't even imagine...

Quincy Sorensen said...

I am glad to read your thankfuls and hope to learn of Bradleigh's dream someday. I am so very sorry that about the tragedy.

Jessica M said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's tragedy. That's really horrible. I had a good friend in middle school that lost her mother in a car crash. I'm so sorry for the difficult time the family has ahead of them.

On a different note, Carter's misinterpretation of the Frosty song is classic.

Bianca said...

That Frosty rendition is hilarious!! I always love your thankfuls!!!

B said...

BUTT and NOSE, lol! I am cracking up here, even though I uh, live with you. Still, LOL! And yes, permission is granted for the truly amazing dream(which was very religious)

B said...

BUTT and NOSE, lol! I am cracking up here, even though I uh, live with you. Still, LOL! And yes, permission is granted for the truly amazing dream(which was very religious)

Natalie said...

How nice to have Steve home for a nice long break, I am sure you will enjoy that. I am sorry to hear about your friend. Hope you are feeling better.

shari said...

I hope you get better soon and don't have to suffer all the way through Christmas festval prep. "BUTT and Nose" cracks me up.

Sarah (and a few others) said...

I get it now! Butt and nose!

Wendyrful said...

Kids!!! Butt and Nose!!! too funny!!! Enjoyed your Thankfuls. So Sorry for the loss of the mother of that young girl! I was young but ot quite that young when my mother passed. It is a very hard thing. That young girl needs so much support and love! Please pass my condolences on to the family. Yes, I am very Thankful to have had a wonderful mother, and appy for others who still get to share wonderful times with their mothers!

Quincy Sorensen said...

The festival is over; no more excuses. Time to blog again.

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley