A recent post brought a funny memory to mind.
My cousin and his wife just welcomed their first itty bitty into their family. The new mom was sharing her happiness of how she had just made it through the first day...alone...with her baby girl. This reminded me of the first day I found myself alone with B...and how some of those emotions still apply today.
I should preface with this statement:
I love my children. I love being a mother. Truth.
However...
I was not emotionally prepared for what my world would turn into once I was soley responsible for another human being...no matter how little and precious. The day inevitably appeared when I had no mother, grandmother, mother-in-law, friend, or acquaintance to buffer my emotional turmoil. I remember I kept thinking: "What have I done? I am responsible for this little person?! Holy crap." Literally. That is what I was thinking. Wasn't I a ding-dong? lol
Anyway...
When Steve FINALLY got home that evening, I stood up, pointed to B sleeping in her bassinet, and walked out of the room. No words needed.
Which led me to think...
I really should try that now. Steve comes home from work, I point to the kids, and walk out of the room. LOL :)
I should conclude with this statement:
I love my children. I love being a mother.
And I really love my husband who knows when a loving mother needs to be a loving individual in bed with a good book.
Tombstone
6 years ago






7 comments:
Point to us, walk out of room. Atlwast then ypou wont yell at us for fighting or arguing, Lol.
I called my cousin to come over to my house the minute Clark left me home alone with Kimberly. She didn't have a clue but it took my anxiety away. I love your daughter's comment.
Two post in a day! If I start to believe your a blogger is that when you'll stop?! Your post made me think this. I can do the baby thing. Never really scared me. Too young to know better. Now I'm older and the teenager years are scaring the bageezzies out of me. I am seriously scared yet Katie will eat of the floor. Go figure.
May I just say that I L-O-V-E the picture of Kayla. Beautiful! I think all the pics turned out so cute! And I hope you found your laugh today. Your house looked immaculate (as always) so I don't know what you were worried about. (PS- I need your muffin applesauce secrets.)
LOL. You always make me laugh!!
Aww Ur so sweet :) Im so glad ur updating because I love your blog! I love your posts about motherhood. I am scared to death to be a mother, but just as excited :)
Oh my gosh, the first day left alone with Addie...I was horrified at the thought of Jarom going to work... What in the world would I do when I needed to go to the bathroom?! Or take a shower?!!! The first day he came home, took a look at me, and asked me if I wanted to go drive... lol! We drove around town for almost 2 hours just to get me out of the house...lol!
Post a Comment