And the award goes to...

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Remember when K was Lambie in Charlotte's Web?
We now have a new character to become intimately associated with...

How about Alice?

That's right, my friends and family...K auditioned and secured the role of Alice in Alice in Wonderland!!! We are so excited for her! Her cheeks are going to pop from smiling so big. :)
How is Mom? Honestly, I'm a bit stressed. She is in every single scene...which means lots of lines and LOTS of practices, but she loves theatre. I mean, she LOVES theatre. She is constantly acting around the house. Movies, TV, friends from school, a lady walking down the street, anything and everything. She drives us crazy, but at least it's always entertaining.

And who else will be joining the family?
How about a Card Soldier?!

Yep, B auditioned this time and she will be one the Queen of Heart's lead Card Soldiers! This is VERY exciting for B because she gets several lines and won this role over several teenagers. She was actually considered for Alice after the first read-thru, but K ran away with it during the second. But that's okay, B didn't want Alice... she just wanted to have a part.

HOORAY for my girls!

Set aside February 4, 5, or 6 to travel down the rabbit hole into a magical (and very wacky) place called Wonderland.
I'll save you seats.

(Thanks for indulging a mom her excitement. You're the best.)

12 comments:

Julie said...

SO excited for the girls! I'm glad there are more drama peeps in the family! Making me proud!! :)

Give my love to the girls & be sure to video the show!

B said...

I love theatre too......and thatnk you Julie! Hey, Mom, tell me when the next Hartselle plays gonna happen. I wanna do that tooo!

-B

Beth said...

I am so proud of your gals! That's impressive!

kayboo said...

Thank you! And it is true I do love acting! And by the way don't be TO stressed!

And I can't wait until the play!

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO, GIRLS!!!! So exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shari said...

Congratulations K and B! Can't wait to see the show.

Mandi said...

Congratulations to both your girls! Charles and I may have to find a sitter in February and come enjoy the show!

Sandra said...

So does this make me a stage Goppie?
I am so excited and proud!! Way to go girls!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

This is delightful news, indeed. I will put it on my calendar. Way to go, K and B! (And, D, please do not schedule any school-related events two weeks before or after this production. :))

Shannon Carlson said...

Congrats! That is amazing! I will not miss this one, Jon said she was awesome as little lamb.

Natalie said...

Congrats to your girls! Sounds like fun!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley