~
Okay, maybe not so little. B is just about an inch shorter than me and lil man keeps growing so fast...I sometimes just sit and stare at him so I won't miss a second of his lil man-ness.
Sunday was our Primary Program at church. Once a year, the little people (from 4 years to 11 years) share a wonderful program of songs and short tidbits of kid wisdom. It is my favorite Sunday. This year, I was entirely too emotional because it was B's last Primary Program and lil man's first. B will be entering into our Young Women's program at church when she turns 12 this summer. This officially takes her out of Primary. (wah)
Lil man just began Sunbeams (the youngest age group in Primary) this past January, so Sunday began his 8 year run of annual Primary Programs. :)
K loves any opportunity to "perform", so she was happy as a little performing clam.
~
This is my attempt at "okay, guys...just one quick picture...oh, come on...work with me, huh?...it was a special Sunday for us...what do you mean "how come?"...just sit close like you love each other...okay, fine, like you LIKE each other...okay, how about like the other person doesn't stink, then...whatever, just look cute for Mr. Camera" .

~
~
Lil man began Preschool in August.
He was hesitant for me to leave him for the first few days, but now he is on a roll! (Well, now that we've made it past the day he got in trouble and was almost sent to the office because he wouldn't help clean up. He "allegedly" told his teacher that he just didn't want to do it anymore. He wasn't being sassy...just honest...and clueless as to why he should have to do something he didn't want to do when the other kids were clearly taking care of things.) *sheesh*
~
Playing peek-a-boo on the playground.
First day of Preschool.
Could I get a normal smile? Just one? Okay, how about laughing?
~
He finally let go of his death-grip around my neck so I could take a picture. Look at sweet cousin R...SHE'S happy. Why was my son the child who dropped to his knees begging me to not leave him? Seriously. Begging. On his knees. It was great. (she says sarcastically)
Do you see the green bag hanging underneath the Hello Kitty backpack? Yeah, well, that's our Publix sack. Nice, isn't it? (good grief) I couldn't find his backpack...anywhere. So I threw his change of clothes in a handy dandy Publix sack. I think some people wondered how serious we are about recycling and reusing. I made sure everyone heard me remind lil man to only use one square of toilet paper so he wouldn't be responsible for the destruction of the rain forests.
Just kidding. But that would have been funny.
~
After lil man's first day.
He was very happy to see me. I got lots of kisses.
~
Aaaaand some silly faces out of sheer relief that he wasn't left at Preschool to rot. (she says sarcastically)
Ain't he spiffy? No more environmentally friendly materials for us. Give us a good old plastic, logo-infested backpack anytime. :)
~
On a serious note...
I can't believe my baby is in Preschool. He will be 4 on Tuesday! He is still so much my baby, but yet so much a "real boy". My head is reeling from the changes I see every single day. And wow oh wow...do I love this kid!
~
I can't believe B is in the 6th grade. I can't believe this was her last Primary Program. I sat and watched as she, K, and lil man sang about families...my three precious little people. I couldn't have stopped the tears if I had tried.
~
Alpha and omega...the beginning and the end. I have felt a lot of this these past few weeks. And even though I do feel a sadness, I am overwhelmed with love for my children...and with excitement for them to continue to grow and mature. They each bring something so special to our family. Sometimes they bring grumps and groans, but I try to remind myself that they are figuring out how to handle new emotions and feelings and experiences. It's a big deal to grow up. I remember.
It's a big deal to be me too. They laugh when I tell them that, but it's true. I'm still growing up. And I don't get to have a temper tantrum everytime something strikes me the wrong way. (Well...maybe only every once in a while.) :)
~
And yes, K does have glasses and B has contacts.
Another alpha and omega.






6 comments:
Oh My Goodness!! They do grow TOO Fast!! I noticed B on Sunday as well. Wondering if it was her last. And knowing each time little man stepped up and waved at you that those tears were flowing! I can share in that sentiment quite a bit lately as well. Too Fast!!
I can't believe how much they've grown either! Time just flies by.
Glad you finally updated the blog! I was missing stories about the kiddos. :(
Love lil man's backpack! :) Trevor would be SO jealous!!
Tell me I get a little bit of credit about this post. I thought all of that about Bradleigh on Sunday, and I like K's glasses, too. A little bird noticed Kaija squinting recently, too.
Wow. Your kids look so big! Lil man is getting bigger too. I haven't seen you in a while I guess!
Fabulous post... loved, LOVED the update!!
YIKES, I just realized I am supposed to have BLT at my home next week! Even though we homeschool, we are taking fall break next week and I will be unable to hostess. Will most everybody else be in the same boat with next week fall break? Post what cha think. Should we kickoff BLT in November and I could do it here? Decisions, decisions, thoughts?
Wow Dana. I wish kids had a build-in pause button, for when it seems like they're growing up too fast.
And maybe a fast forward button as well...
Post a Comment