Day 5...our last day :(

Sunday, August 2, 2009

What a week!
It FLEW by. I can't believe it.

Moments I wish I had captured with my camera:
*me sailing
*lil man chasing ducks off the parking lot back to the pond
(When asked why he chased them, he said: To keep dem safe.)
*our stack of plates, glasses, and utensils on our room service tray...it was massive
*seagulls swooping in for food at the pool...A LOT of seagulls and a lot of screaming -hahaha-
*lil man climbing under the table at the swankified restaurant
*our snooty waiter
*all the horse poop...it was so much it just got funnier with each "exit"
*K's horse stopping along the trail to eat and winding up walking along munching on a branch hanging from his mouth all the way to the ground
*all the bee-yoo-tee-full land in Point Clear & Fairhope
*a better picture of me with the family...or of me at all (next vacay we're ALL having cameras!)

On to Day 5...
We starting things off in the pool.



~
Then headed down to the beach when the thunder MILES away temporarily closed the pool. B was NOT happy (she wanted to water slide a few more times), but K was ThRiLlEd! She took the kayak out by herself!




This is K yelling: I can't get back!


This is after Steve's rescue and finding out that you have to be at least 12 to man a kayak solo. Busted!
~
My two fellas. I was struck by their similarities...
ahem...the hair. :)
Notice lil man is still favoring his stung pinky-poor baby.


K staking a claim. She was NOT ready to leave.

~
All good things must come to an end...or so they say.
We went back to the room, cleaned up, loaded the van, checked out, then spent a few more hours on the grounds before resigning ourselves to the fact that we did indeed have to leave.




Lil man made a friend...


...as did the girls.


They quickly struck up a game of Follow the Leader.




Lil man apparently didn't understand the rules...running toward the ducks scaring the feathers out of them. LOL (He just wanted to make friends too.)
~
We stopped for a little putt-putt on the grounds...


...followed by a game of horseshoes.


This is my view (looking up) from the hammock I collapsed into.


My view to the left...


...and to the right.
~
The fishing pier.


Steve saying: "And this is why I was holding it."...when lil man decided to toss the fishing rod over the railing. (Silly Daddy...don't you know that everything looks better floating in the water?)

K asking again why we have to leave.

Slowly making our way back. Time to load up and head home.

~
And who came to say goodbye?
My friend Wilma...flying over my favorite stairs.


It has been six years since our first visit to Point Clear. This time was even more magical and even more beautiful. We'll be back. And hopefully six more years won't pass before we head south to Mobile Bay once again.

6 comments:

Dawn, said...

Oh do I love me some room service!! It is one of the ultimate luxuries, isn't it? Wonderfully frivolous... if only my husband didn't get a weird twitch every time I suggest it, giggle!

Your family looks to be in total bliss, glad you had a blast.

Sandra said...

What a glorious, beautiful, relaxing, exhausting, sunshiny, sandy vacation. But we're glad you're home now.

Karen said...

You are one lucky gal! Looks like a perfect vacation.

Julie said...

Love the pic of the girls & Steve hanging on the tree limb! Too cute!

Did you get my email about my link changing???

Jessica M said...

I loved all your pictures! The sunset, amazing. I think I must visit this place, looks like y'all had a fantastic time.

Beth said...

That looks like such a fantastic place! Glad you had a great time!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley