Just say "no"...

Friday, June 26, 2009

Actually, I'll be saying: "Yes, PLEASE."
This afternoon, I'm having an EVLT to correct some leg issues. The procedure itself is not too terrible...not fun...but not terrible. The recovery, on the other hand, is a nightmare. I'm "fortunate" enough to be allergic to ALL anti-inflammatory meds. This basically means I'll be in some UNfortunate pain for a few days. It can't be helped, though. This too shall pass. Just please say a prayer for me. Thanks. You're the best. :)

And a lil man moment to get us through the weekend...

Sitting on the couch, lil man holds out his hand and asks:
"Can I eat dis?"
Me, being the best mom in the world, ALMOST assumed he had found a goldfish cracker in the couch (still not appetizing, but better than reality...wait for it...) and ALMOST told him to go ahead. (He'd eat it anyway. I thought he was just being polite.)
Then...I had a split-second feeling that I should perhaps actually pay attention to what he really had in his hand. So I looked over to discover that instead of his hand, he was only holding out his finger. (Yeah, you know where this is going.)
I calmly asked:
"What's on your finger that you want to eat?"
Lil man then explains:
"It's just someping I got from my nose."
I follow up with a reasonable response:
"EW! Do NOT eat that. So Gah.Ros! Anything that comes OUT of ANY part of your body is NOT to be eaten or put back IN your body in ANY way! Yuck, son. Yuck yuck just yuck. Super yuck!"
Lil man, obviously used to the female persuasion and their oh so subtle reactions, patiently wipes his finger on his shirt and says:
"OkaaaaaaaaaY" (with a look that could only have been genetically instilled from my sweet and long-suffering husband).

Some day when it doesn't make me gag to think about it, I'll share what he wanted to eat off his finger the next day. Blech.

5 comments:

Beth said...

AHHH!!! Gerrroooooooossssssss!

Good luck, hope you feel better soon!

Julie said...

At least he asked! Trevor just eats away! :)

I'll be praying for you...

Shaunte' said...

hope your pain doesn't last too long, and Boogers ewwwwwww!

Karen said...

Feel better soon!!

Kim Mayfield said...

Hope you feel better soon!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley