...my latest and most obvious character flaw:
Mr. Inconsistency.
Boo.
Yes, I've established this flaw is indeed a "he" because only a male would drive me this insane. (just kidding, honey...you're the best...really)
In a nutshell, I'm trying really REALLY hard to walk/whatever every morning. So far, so good. I'm really sore, although not as sore as last week. Wow, that was Bru.Tal. It's just getting up at 5:30 every morning is a new adjustment. I actually love the morning time, it's the going to bed at a decent hour that is really the "adjustment"...but I'm not doing too bad.
The other nut in my shell is potty training.
Yup, shoulda done it last summer. But I didn't.
Gotta move on.
So now I am committed. THIS more than the other is TESTING my ability to be consistent...which I am unfortunately noticing I am not that blessed with. Bleh. So I need all the good energy, happy thoughts, peppy "you can do it!"s, sincere prayers that can be offered. Sometimes you just need a little cheering section.
I want SO badly to stick with the exercise portion of my goal. I need this. I NEED this. I'm just not so good about taking care of myself. A little encouragement would go a looooong way with me. :) The potty training is pretty much a must-do. I HAVE to be consistent. Ugh. ;)
Well, I'm off to cajole lil man onto the potty before I go shower the blissful sweat off my out of shape self. But hopefully, the cajoling will turn into just a habit...after all, most people I know do use a toilet on a daily basis. :) And the out of shape will *I hope I hope I hope* *I think I can I think I can I think I can* slowly turn into me feeling better, healthier, more energetic, and just happier in general.
Okay, Mr. Inconsistent...you gotta get going before you really get on my nerves!
Tombstone
6 years ago






11 comments:
Glad you are working on doing something for YOU! I think as moms we forget that we can't efficiently take care of our families without taking care of ourselves. Potty training will come together - boys are a bit harder than girls as you are well aware - I remember trying all sort of little tricks and treats - in the end they get it when THEY are ready - just keep plugging along and know that I have my ponpoms dusted off and ready should they be needed - as long as short skirts are required!
You CAN do this! I'm impressed with your early rising and walking. You can be my inspiration to get back on my treadmill. As for Lil Man . . . he is one smart little boy. If you could just find a way to combine pottie training and the Pookie, that would be the answer.
I can't exercise in the morning...I just trip over my feet. I've tried. So good for you!
I will be praying for you on both!
Just keep at it. I think you will soon find that the quiet time and beauty of the outdoors is addicting and essential for the happiness of your day. You will see results sooner than you think, so keep it up. :)
I know you will stick to this! It becomes a habit to rise early and you will love it! Way to go! And good luck with Car, he will be great!
I think you CAN. Seriously girl, I've never seen anything you can't do. Maybe Mr. Inconsistency hasn't found his sweet spot yet, maybe 5:30 is a wicked hour (it is in this house anyway). But no matter the time, YOU CAN. Yes! No boos.
But speaking of BOO I'm going to be in stinkin' Florida when Harry Potter comes out!!! Boo.
Mr. Inconsistent gets me all the time too! I've got to find a way to kick his butt!
You can do it, you can do it, you can...errrr.... inappropriate movie line.
You are waaay better than me getting up at 5:30 am! I am soooo not a morning gal! I am lucky to make myself get up before 7:30 am!
Good luck with your goal! You can do it and conquer Mr. Inconsistent! Good luck with potty training!
Okay, you just listed two things I've been fighting for the past six months! Hopefully your post has inspired me enough to get on the ball! I really don't like potty training. I love excersising, there I have no excuses, but potty training is just plain miserable.
5:30 is mighty early! But I'm sure it's worth it every time. Thanks for the link to your blog. You never told me...where did you find mine?
omg. I have to work on this too. You don't want to know how late Asher, Rocky and I get up in the morning. I just keep telling myself that when Asher turn 3 months that is when things will change. Wait, he turns 3 months in like a week. haha.
Post a Comment