Choose to smile.
~If you feel the need to grumble...
~if you feel the threat of doubt...
~if you start to get discouraged...
~if your feelings are hurt...
~if someone makes it easy for you to lose your temper...
~if being lazy is easier than being productive...
~if your blue jeans are a size too big to reveal to others...
~if you wear kicking shoes even though they hurt your feet...
~if your bathing suit would look better if it came to your knees...
~if your throw pillows are too flat for real comfort...
~if you just really ReAlLy hate laundry, no matter what...
~if someone else always gets the church calling you want...
~if you still can't accept that there will never be another Harry Potter book to look forward to...
~if you still can't accept that Cedric Diggory plays Edward Cullen (for crying out loud!)...
~if you're frustrated that you can't figure out this whole coupon craze 'cause you really need to save money...
~if you need to clean your house...
~if you need to clean out a drawer, closet, or attic space...
~if the need to tweez happens more than once a day...
~if your DVR cut off the last part of SYTYCD...
~if you feel like a loser because you don't garden or sew...
~if you eat more candy at Easter and Halloween than your kids...
~if you miss vacations to grandparents' homes...
~if you have a dream that seems hard to reach...
~if you wish you were a better friend...
~if you feel guilty because your kids think dinner's fancy when you use the stove AND the oven... ~if no matter how much you try, you just can't win at Wii boxing...
~if you want less arm flab SO badly you'd have plastic surgery if you could squeeze it into your family budget...
~if going to church with your toddler is more an exercise in patience than faith...
~if you wish you could speak a second language...
~if it seems that everyone else has it all together...
~if you miss a friend...
~if a friend is still close by, but you don't spend time together like you used to...
~if your microwave, oven, or fridge need to be sCrUbBeD clean...
~if you feel bad about something you said, even unintentionally...
~if you "accidentally" turned off your alarm and when you woke up it was too late to exercise...
~if your daughter has surpassed sassy and moved right on to mean...
~if you're still sad Checkers stopped selling Apple Nuggets...
~if your walls need a touch-up paint job ReAlLy bad...
~if no matter how much you vacuum, Goldfish crackers still escape into your van...
~if your son would rather poo poo in his underwear than anywhere else on earth...
~if on your next bday, you can round up to the next decade...
~if you just resign yourself to the fact that you will simply never take great pictures, no matter what kind of camera you have...
~if you so desparately want your children to be good people that you constantly worry you are failing them...
~if you get frustrated with your husband for no good reason but would never admit it...
~if you fall asleep during Saturday's afternoon session of Gen Conf every time and always feel guilty...
~if you have to confess your husband is a better Barbie player than you...
~if you are scared...
~if you are exhausted...
~if you are overwhelmed...
~if you are over budget...
~if you miss the public library but are afraid to find out how much you owe...
~if you really want an iPhone, but have a contract with T-Mobile until 2012...
~if you work for weeks to lose 10 pounds and find that the first (and most noticeable) 7 pounds come off your chest...
~if you ever feel icky, blah, ugly, gross, or yuck...
Choose to smile. :)
It works wonders. I promise.
Now go. Smile a little.
And don't forget to breathe.
Tombstone
6 years ago






10 comments:
Oh how I can relate. And yes...we must smile...and breathe. :)
Looking forward to seeing you!!
Too fun. Have a great day.
Can you see my smile?? Hope that your day is full of poopless unders, soft-spoken children, and knowing how much you are loved.
Thanks for bringing a smile to my face, a little laughter to my day, and the reminder that there could be worse things to deal with than what you have right here and now! I love you girl! Smile - the journey is worth it!
Oh how i loved that :) Because I can SO agree with like 98% of everything you said (excluding children related ones of course) I'm glad you posted that...i ESPECIALLY was angry with my husband last night for NO reason.. wait.. I think i was mad at him because i was SO exhausted from the most frustrating Step Class and he asked "How was Step?" lol.
**smiling**
Oh I loved this. Dang girl, you've got a lot on your mind. I don't know if I can smile about the lack of a new Harry Potter book. But the movie!! Finally. 2 weeks.
First 7 pounds came off the chest, seriously laughed out loud. And that's happened to me too. Blast!!!
I sure can relate to a few of these, taking toddlers to church, needing to scrub the oven and microwave, not fun! But, way to have to a good attitude and encourage us all to SMILE in spite of the not so fun moments of life.
I can DEFINITELY relate. I'm embarrased to open my microwave in front of other people... its that bad. Too bad Billy Mays died, he could do an infomercial on Kaboom or something on my filthy microwave... :)
Boobs always go first... mine are very nice right now... time to lose weight!
Dana I love LOVE LOVE L.O.V.E you. I laughed almost till I cried, and that's bad because I'm trying NOT to laugh with this big ol' incision.
I have news-the messy house- it's not you, it's the kids. Mine have been gone two weeks and I haven't had to pick up once. I'm flabergasted.
There should be an auto-fabulous-photographer button on any camera that cost more than $300 and weighs more than 5lbs
Cedric Diggory and Edward Cullen?! thanks. I could have gone my whole life without making that connection.
I'm dropping pregnancy weight, but seriously girls, why can't my belly deflate as fast as my chest?!
Lots to relate to in this one! It's good to know there are moms out there who feel the same way sometimes. Thanks Dana!
Post a Comment