When you can see the purple...

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

...you know it's a good one!

"Our" rainbow ran from one side...


...all the way over...


...to the other.
And do you see?
It's a DOUBLE!


I was mesmerized.

But who was the most excited?

B. She managed to catch a glimpse of lightning in her picture. She's still on a high. :)


From an earlier vantage point, I told the girls I thought the end of the rainbow landed right through our house and that we were sure to be rich from that pot of gold!
But upon closer inspection, we decided the rainbow probably landed closer to the Lanhams. So congrats to them, and the girls are wondering if maybe they'll share. ;)

6 comments:

Julie said...

How cool! Love the pics! I've never seen a double rainbow!

Sandra said...

Aren't you glad that you found your camera?!?! What great shots!

Dawn, said...

This post made me clap, seriously, rainbows are incredible!! Come to think of it, it has been forever since I have witnessed one.

Jenni said...

Great pics - I was admiring the beauty of it when an awesome stroke of lightning illuminated the sky and "fingered" down in multiple directions - absolutely beautiful. But alas, I am afraid there is no pot of gold here - would gladly have shared with ya'll had there been. Think it was more over towards the Marsaws - think she'll share with us both?

And wouldn't you know - all 3 digital cameras had dead batteries!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Hannah and Sam saw that rainbow, too. They raved about it. That's so cool!

Jessica M said...

Ooo, ooo, I love it! A double?? Nice. And may I mention again how fabulous your blog looks???

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley