It has been our happy comfort-zone since B was in first grade and we are going to MISS YOU! We are excited to start another new school in the Fall, though. Change can be great, and that is what we are anticipating.
K with Mrs. P (3rd grade)...we LOVE her!
This is what Mrs. P has put up with all year...K is a nut. Any teacher who can not only enjoy this, but allow K time to be "K"...and STILL love her an entire school year later, is a total teacher rock star!
K with Mrs. S. Her classroom was right next door to Mrs. P's class and all the kids got attached. Mrs. S lOvEs K and cried when they said good-bye.
Mrs. A...K's Kindergarten teacher.
Another fabulous lady who is now my friend.
(I love it when that happens.)
Two of B's teachers. (she had 5 this year in 5th grade)
Mrs. S (math) and Mrs. G (language arts)...two more teachers who really and truly love my child. It just makes me happy when they honestly like my kid. :)
B had a wonderful year. Lots of changes and lots of challenges, but she is an awesome kid!
B and Mrs. N...her first grade teacher and now one of my dear friends. (oh dang, now I'm getting emotional)
D and my girls. This beautiful lady is one of the most amazing people ever. She is one of my closest friends and allies. She has become a second mother to my girls at the school...from making sure they have an extra dollar or two in their lunch accounts to finding B a baggie for a broken necklace to fending off crazy room moms to playing chauffeur after school to an incomparable confidante.
We love our Ms. D!
So many memories from our 5 years here! So many wonderful friends and acquaintances. We have been incredibly blessed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The last full day of school, a small group of moms and tots met for a fun outing with the lil kids. Lil man begins preschool in the Fall, and as excited as I am about this new endeavor...I'm quickly realizing my baby is really not even a toddler any more. But he'll always be lil man. :)
He spent a lot of time (at first) running FROM the water. And for some reason, he kept his hands up at his cheeks for the longest time. So funny.
These two pics are just a teaser.
My super-great friend, Karen, took some candid shots of my boy playing in the water. They are AMAZING! But since this post is really about the girls' last day of school, I'll try to rein myself in and not post the PHENOMENAL pictures of lil man until later.
But it is going to be KILLING me!






6 comments:
Are you going to the new one, too?
What awesome memories for you all. That is so cool that you have been able to form such friendships with the girls' teachers!
Good luck to the girls at their new school!
I agree. It was a great school with fantastic teachers. What wonderful memories you will keep! Now on to being a Maverick - in all the good ways.
I agree. It was a great school with fantastic teachers. What wonderful memories you will keep! Now on to being a Maverick - in all the good ways.
Saying goodbye is always harder than I think it will be! Good luck with the new school!
I have to admit it makes me so sad that I won't see you around or your girls. I always love getting your school take on things. Change is hard. However, I think you all will be VERY happy at the new school.
Post a Comment