To paint, or not to paint...

Sunday, May 3, 2009

After many months of procrastination...
we are finally re-painting the girls' room.

When I post pictures, I'll make sure to put in a warning first.
These colors are B.R.I.G.H.T. Whoowee!
But K was promised she could choose whichever two she wants, and we have more than followed through on that obviously near-sighted promise. :)

Last night, we let each little person paint a sample square on the walls. I actually really like the pink. It's the green that may induce headaches or seizures. But K loves it. End of story.

Once the sample squares were drying, K was working out a work schedule for this week since we are all home bound based on the swine flu scare. At first lil man was a serious contender for some quality paint time (he LOVED painting that sample square), but once he understood the ENTIRE room is to be painted...he had second thoughts.

K: Okay Car, are you going to help paint?
Lil man: Uh-Huh! I like to paint. (big smiles)
K: Me too. And we get to paint the whoooooooole room!
Lil man: (as the light of fun and games slowly dims from his eyes) Uhhhh...I don't fink so. Dis be a BIG woom. (and off he goes...)

Ah well...we'll get it done. Even without all the help and support of our resident 3-year-old.

4 comments:

hope said...

Cool! I can't wait to see them!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I look forward to the end results! No doubt, the room will look BEAUTIFUL!

Karen said...

How fun. I love painting. I am curious to see how bright "bright" is.

Wendyrful said...

(You could have posted a pic of the paint sampe squares...) Can't wait to see how the room turns out! as for BRIGHT, you've seen the pic's of Sariah's room right??? BRIGHT, BRIGHT, BRIGHT, SPOTS, STRIPES, SPLATTER PAINT!!!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley