Look at that curly tail!
~
Officially he is: Bailey Bob. He is 8 weeks old, born on 2/24.
He is half lhasa apso and half miniature schnauzer.
I happily refer to this "breed" as a Schnapso.
He is hypo-allergenic and shed-free. WOOHOO!
(For those of you who have never met our Golden Retriever...believe me...this last benefit was the clincher in the deal. Daily, I can easily vacuum up enough hair to make a poodle. If Sasha wasn't such a kind and gentle dog...she'd be outta here. But don't ever tell her...she would be so sad.)
~
B has been promised "her own" dog once school was out for summer, but when this little guy appeared on the horizon...well, I kinda just made an executive decision. But seriously...he's so insanely cute, how could I have resisted?
~
House training is going better than expected. Maybe having Sasha show him the ropes is helping. If only he would sleep through the night...I'm exhausted, ya'll. Big time. B really is doing a great job taking care of Bailey. She's cleaned up poop and pee like a pro (once her gag reflex calmed down). She stayed with him the first couple of nights, but now that the school week is once again underway, I decided to take mercy on her and keep an eye on him this week.
~
Bailey is easily loved by all in the family. Everyone needs some cuddle time. Even Sasha seems to have easily adapted to having a "younger brother". Bailey does get on her nerves at time with all his hyper puppiness, but Sasha takes it in stride...which is a good thing since Bailey is only the size of Sasha's tail. Sasha is very patient and understanding. (you know, I think she has better parenting qualities than I do...but that's an issue to post on another day)
~
If you're in the neighborhood, stop by and meet Bailey. He's got a lick, a wiggle, and a wag just for you.
~
So there you have it.
We are now a family with 2 dogs.
Believe me. NO ONE is more shocked than me.






11 comments:
Can't wait to officially meet our new grandpuppy tomorrow! Oh, and by the way, it looks like we are having twins [birds, that is].
That was really sweet of ya'll to name your dog after our dog. I will let Bailey know he has a namesake...even if it is a "she." :)
Oh so cute! I will gladly give him some love when I stop by this afternoon.
I love him too! The name is just as cute as he is. Good job B.
What!? You're like the the millionth person to get a dog this month, but I guess you win because it's dog number two! And I have to admit, he is kinda cute :)
OH no... I must not let Savannah see this post. Even I am tempted at the cuteness of Bailey, but I must stay firm... I must... whimper... I just gotta!
He is a cutie! I am sure B is in heaven right now!
Bailey is just too cute . . . but couldn't Bradleigh just have gotten a new Webkinz? ;)
You're a traitor, Dana.;)
Seriously, though, he is really cute. For a dog.:)
too cute - I called yesterday on my way home from work - wanted to stop by and see him - but now answer :(
He is pretty cute. I luv him.
Post a Comment