Word Day

Friday, April 17, 2009

Annual Book Week has been celebrated at B & K's school this week. Today rounded things off with Word Day.
For a week now, B had planned on being "lethargic" or "slumbering". (very appropriate, by the way) She was to wear PJs and have her hair all napped up in a full-out bed head...SO cute, I thought.
But NooOOoOoooOOo...one suggestion from a friend and all of a sudden...
B is one of a pair. Can you guess what word the friend is? Or even how she's dressed? And what is going on with the big, goofy grin, my girl? lol


In preparation for K's word choice, she asked me what was the longest word I knew. (She mentioned supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, but couldn't figure out a definition.) The first word that popped into my mind (courtesy of all those years of Lit and Eng Comp classes) was...

Needless to say (but I will anyway), K was thrilled!
And other than the "quack", this actually fits her perfectly as well.
If you spend time with our family, you'll soon discover that her name has become an onomatopoeia itself. That girl can drive us crazy!

But we love them both...
...unconditionally...irrepressibly...irrationally...and sometimes even inexplicably. :)

9 comments:

Goppie/Mom said...

Toooooo cute!! I'm guessing that B's friend is "twin". Bet that they have had a great day.

Quincy Sorensen said...

Oh, these are cute girls and fun words!

Anonymous said...

Fun words...my kids were pretty excited about their words too! It's fun to dress up!

Karen said...

Ahhh. How fun. They look adorable.

Dawn, said...

So very clever!

Jessica M said...

Adorable!

Kim Mayfield said...

Both so cute!

Natalie said...

Great words! Brielle said Kayla was a big hit! Way to go!

Becki said...

Soo fun!I love that idea.

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley