Lil Jokester

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

You never know where you stand with my lil man.
One day, he'll "allow" all the love you want to smother him with...while another day, he'll shun your affections without a second thought. Usually, this pertains to his "sistahs" and not to his Mama.

Last night, lil man and I were enjoying the finer art of Noggin programming when I had this overwhelming urge to eat his cheeks. (He frequently loses part of his face, arms, and legs when he is looking especially nummy.) I lean towards him, only to hear: "What I tell you? No more kissing me." In that second, my heart shattered. The next second, my heart was thrown back together when his face scrunched into a smile and he said: "I just kidding!" and jumps in my lap to give me lotsa lil man love.
Of course, I laugh and sufficiently squoosh him only to hear: "What I tell you? No more hugging me." followed by more giggling and big solid hugs.

I don't know where he picked that up or if he really is just that brilliant (which is my vote), but for the rest of the night it was a running joke. For instance:
What I tell you? No more looking at me.
What I tell you? No more smiling at me.
What I tell you? No more talking at me.
What I tell you? No more breathing at me.

I asked him where he heard that...and he said:
"I just say it. It just CarCar."

A little while later, out of the blue, he looks at me...sticks his thumb out like he's about to hitch a ride and says:
"I gotta get going."
Then he says: "That from SpongeBob."

I was right...he's brilliant. And a riot.

11 comments:

Goppie said...

I concur. He is a bundle of energy, enthusiasm, happiness, inquisitiveness, and determination.

Dawn, said...

I have been blessed that my 2 little guys will still tolerate lovins. Ty is not big on public affection but is quite cuddly otherwise... when he has time that is... the boy makes me dizzy with his 'on the go' agendas.

Julie said...

He is too funny!

Sarah (and a few others) said...

He is too cute.

Beth said...

That is adorable! I love it.

hope said...

He cracks me up!! LOL I love it!!!

B said...

He is so stinkin' cute!!! ( I am quoting your main words about him.) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Wendyrful said...

That is so funny!!!!! What a silly thing! Liam is sort of trying to be a jokester as well. I don't remember the girls trying to tell jokes like this at this young of an age. Maybe I just don't remember.

Kim Mayfield said...

They are so much fun at this age! Thankfully both of my boys will still let me smooch and hug on them... even at school!

Becki said...

So funny! What a nut. :)

Jessica M said...

Cute. Very cute.

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley