My kids are nutty.
After K's audition on Saturday, Mom and I drove her around to show my old high school and our old house. Along the way, Mom and I kept exclaiming how things had changed and I, specifically, kept repeating how much smaller things looked. All this must have really confused K, because she (somewhat impatiently) asked:
"Did ya'll used to see in black and white?!"
Lil man has somewhat of an aversion to wearing pants and socks. He would live his life in a shirt, undies/pull-up, and crocs. He especially doesn't like for his pants or socks to cover up his friends.
Huh? Yup. His friends. Explanation...
After one particularly unpleasant time of forcing his jeans on him, Lil man just starts to cry. We couldn't figure out why putting on jeans would make him so sad...mad, well we got that, but sad?
I asked: "Why are you crying? Does something hurt?"
Lil man sniffed:
"You covered up my Boo Boo Friend."
er....
Sure enough, he has a huge bruise on his knee from when he went couch-diving...and obviously, lil man has gotten just a tad attached to it. And his affections aren't limited...
His socks are now covering up another Boo Boo Friend (i.e. a scratch on the top of his foot). He just looks at us like we are heartless creatures when we insist that he must indeed wear pants. The socks...well, I'm flexible on those. And like I explained to lil man: I still care about the Boo Boo Friend on your knee, but he really likes a blanket. (smart one, huh?)
I don't know if it's because B is getting older or because the younger two just drown out other noises most of the time, but she hasn't had a nutty comment in a while. She has however, been testing her mother's emotional stability. On any given day, she wavers between the sweetest and most helpful kid around to the epitome of a crazed-female. It's not like I don't understand, because I do...but that still doesn't dull the shrieks. Miss B is also now familiar with a razor (if you know what I mean) and can wear every pair of my shoes. And since she gets dressed before me in the mornings, I sometimes have to change my daily wardrobe plans if she has swiped particular shoes. (stinker)
Nutty kids, but I love 'em.
They keep things interesting...loud and trying, as well...but I wouldn't trade 'em for the world.
Well, maybe a great new pair of shoes...
Tombstone
6 years ago






6 comments:
That was one worry I never had. My shoes were too small for you and I don't think you liked them anyway. Do you remember that I finally learned how to select shoes for you that I knew you would like? I would look through the stores and pick out the ones that I thought were the ugliest - knowing that those would be the very ones you would like! I was usually correct.
I will give you some cute boots, a pair of fleece line crocs and a pair of Sandals I picked up in Rome.... for all three...... oh - and Sasha too.... deal?
hehe - that was me (Sandy) not Chris.... he was on MY computer - turkey.... and did not sign out....
There hvne't been many things muy kids have stolen from me... but on occasion I can't find a sweater or sweatshirt and eventually realize they've worn it and it is in their room somewhere (thrown on the floor or some other thing). Rebekah has taken to wearin ga pair or two of my shoes (I don't really fit into them well anymore - I think my feet have gotten bigger, NO wonder all my shoes hurt my feet!!!) but most of what I have noone wants/likes/ or fits...
the boo boo friends! That is Hilarious!!! I can see that happening though. Liam loves bandaids! If he has any sort of red mark on him (sometimes imagined), he will insist that it NEEDS a bandaid! I used to be so tough with bandaids with the girls (they had to be BLEEDING nearly to death i'm sure is what they'd tell you, before they'd get a band aid). Liam, if it makes him happy (ie: QUIET), that works for me!
And at least he has good reasons for not wanting to wear his clothing, not just becasue he likes to be nakey!!! ;-)
Loved the post. And, I didn't realize you were old enough to see in black and white... hahaha!
If you want me to stop wearing your shoes why don't you take me on a shopping spree sometime soon?
:)
Post a Comment