Latest from lil man...

Friday, February 20, 2009

Everyday I tell myself I need to update, but everyday...
something else comes up. Relateable? You bet.

And I really don't have time right now, but I'm doing it anyway. So there! Poo to you, busy morning. I'm blogging whether you like it or not.

But as to not tempt my morning into unleashing new and unwelcome tasks or sickness, I will keep things short...two lil man moments...that's it. I promise.

#1) Lil man likes to "take" you where he wants you to go.
He will come up and wiggle his little fingers and say: "Come on. Come on, Mama. Let's go." It is pretty much impossible to refuse. He is very resourceful and if his hands aren't free, you still have no doubt what he wants you do to. For instance...One of his hands was hoarding his glue sticks (at least 3, which he adores for some reason) and the other was holding paper on which was his latest glue creation. He obviously wasn't letting go of his beloved stash, so how does he "take" me to our destination? He bites down on the bottom of my shirt and pulls me with his teeth.
Resourceful AND he would make a great rescue dog.

#2) Shocking as it may seem to those with perfect children, lil man is rebelling against prayer these days...not the actual prayer, but being still...or quiet...or even staying in the same room. Usually we can entice him to take part if he is asked to "say" the prayer (meaning one of us will begin a phrase and lil man will finish...usually with something surprisingly appropriate). Last night, we attempted just this. This time, however, the prayer went a little differently:

Steve: We thank thee for this (pause for lil man to say "day" which he doesn't, so Steve continues) day.
Lil man: Uh huh (with a nod).
Steve: We thank thee for our (pause for "family"...no help from lil man) family.
Lil man: Uh huh (with a nod).
Steve: Please bless (pause for any name...no help from lil man) Mommy, etc.
Lil man: Uh huh (with a bigger nod).
Steve: Please help us to be good.
Lil man: Uh-UH (shaking his head).

At least he's paying attention.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And help us to always be honest in our response. Amen!"

Beth said...

Hahaha, I love the prayer! We have trained Addie to fold her arms when we pray, but she gets bored with it after about 20 seconds and starts eating or trying to get our attention... Then other days, all she wants to do is pray and folds her arms every 5 seconds for us to pray so we have tons of short little prayers "dear heavenly father, thank thee for this day/food/our family/etc, amen". Lol

Julie said...

He's Too cute! Trevor is into the grabbing hands to lead you places. Hasn't tried the teeth yet... LOL!!

Glad you updated. I miss hearing from you.

Wendyrful said...

Liam has jsut started saying the prayer all by himself... last night at dinner he didnt' need any help. however the night before, when someone else said the prayer he stormed off and threw a fit... baby steps!!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever! Glad you're back on the blog.

Anonymous said...

Too funny! At least honesty is up there in his priorities! :)

Dawn, said...

Christian used to ask Heavenly Father to 'try harder to make him a good boy' in his prayers. I think he thought he needed EXTRA help!!

When Ty would want me to come quickly to see something he deemed exciting... he would exclaim, 'come on mommy... you can do it, come here'. I always felt a tad like a little puppy being told to fetch, giggle.

Karen said...

Oh the joys of boys!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley