Tell me how you really feel...

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The girls got a little bit of a room make-over for Christmas.
One of the changes involved changing K's bed BACK into a bunk bed...but without the other bed underneath. The supports are a bookshelf/drawers on one end and a desk with drawers on the other. Basically, she now has a loft bed and the area underneath is her "space". Eventually, we'll put in beaded curtains and a couple of beanbag chairs, but those have to be earned...so it's not officially complete just yet. She loves it, though...

...as does lil man. Oh my goodness! does he love climbing up and down. At first, he made us really nervous. Now he's up and down like a little monkey, but it's taken a little while for us to get comfortable leaving him alone in their room.

One day, soon after Christmas, lil man was having a grand ol' time climbing up and down and up and down. Steve was hanging out, monitoring the situation, but after a while...it just gets a little old. So Steve is ready to leave and lil man is very definitely NOT. He is adamantly refusing to come down. Steve decides it's time to use the "daddy voice" (not as scary as the mommy voice, but it's been known to work wonders in the past)...he tells lil man to: "Get down, right now."

Lil man begins climbing down and says:
"Okay, I get down. But I be SO mad!"

I just love wide open lines of communication...especially from a 3-year-old.

9 comments:

Dawn, said...

Well, like we say in our family...'you don't have to LIKE it, or even SMILE about it, but you better DO it!' Lil Man would have met our criteria, giggle!

4 Kids, 1 Me said...

Your kid cracks.me.up. ;)

Could post a pic of the bed? pretty please....

Lisha said...

HAhahaha

Anonymous said...

How do you think that would work if adults did the same thing? If we said what we really felt. Interesting concept. Probably not a good idea though!

Julie said...

That's hilarious!! LOL! I'm glad he is able to communicate his feelings.

K's bed sounds awesome! I would've LOVED that when I was a kid!

*Lisa* said...

Hahahaha.... sounds awfully familiar.

hope said...

From the mouth...! I love their directness.

Jessica M said...

OK, that's adorable. You're new blog look is great!

Wendyrful said...

Liam will tell me sometimes when he isn't happ wiwth something I tell him to do or that he can't do and he'll say, "You make me angwy!!"
It's hard not to laugh!
I just love the things they say...

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley