Food for Thought

Saturday, January 17, 2009

It has been FOREVER since I posted a "Food for Thought".
I guess it's about time to bring it back. At least every once in a while.

Today, I made a fruit salad for a friend's baby shower.
Today, many enjoyed said fruit salad.
Today, I was asked about the recipe.
Today, I will share.
Today, is your lucky day. :)

Sandra (my mom)'s Fruit Salad
1 can peach pie filling
1 can mandarin oranges (size depends on how many oranges you like)
1 can pineapple tidbits
1 container frozen sliced strawberries (larger size is better)
2-3 bananas
(I usually add an extra Dole Natural Peach Slices to the mix)
optional: apple slices, kiwi, grapes, raspberries, you get the idea

Thaw the strawberries, but keep the juice. Drain the oranges and pineapples. Slice your bananas. Then just mix it all together in a big bowl...and there you have it.
I usually refrigerate mine for at least an hour before serving.

This fruit salad is always a hit and it is super easy.
It is also great for a food storage recipe since most is canned.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks!! My little man LOVED it!! It was a hit and I am thankful for the recipie!!

Julie said...

Great recipe! I'll have to try that sometime. I'm terrible with having fruit around...it always goes bad. Canned fruit...brilliant!!

Sandra said...

Glad that everyone liked the fruit salad! I've always liked it, because not only is it so delicious, but it is so easy.

Wendyrful said...

I LOVE this recipe!! Fabulous mix of canned and frozen fruit. This is definitely something you could keep on hand to take soemthing to a meal even at a moments noitice or to dress up a meal at home. Yum! Thanks Dana, and Dana's mom! ;-)

Quincy Sorensen said...

You gave me this recipe years ago and, no joke, I have probably made it 20 times since then. You hold a cache of stupendous recipes.

*Lisa* said...

This is not the first time I've heard about your wonderful recipes. I'll definitely have to try it. I did read this post the other day and forgot to respond. It really just made me want peach pie.

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley