Our families just meshed fabulously.
Lisa and I are both moms of three little people, all of whom are within just a year of each other in age. Even lil man and Sasha had a playmate. Poor Sasha is going to be so lonely without her buddy, Cooper. Dang it...I'm going to have to exercise the dog now. Boo.
These two, from the get-go, were instant buddies. Richard was 3 and B was almost 6 when we met our future neighbors. As we both built our homes, these two were everywhere and into everything. We call them "the odd couple".
One reason why being this...
B has always been this much taller. Too funny!
We will truly miss our neighbors and friends. We wish them happiness and joy in their new home. And I hope their new neighbors realize their incredible luck. Lisa told me she just hopes she will have good neighbors. I assured her that indeed she would, but not to get her hopes up in finding anyone as good as me. ;)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lil man became a Sunbeam on the first Sunday of January.
He talked about it for DAYS. He was so excited...until time to walk through the classroom door. The little stink.
He eventually made it through and had a snazzy crown to show off.
Here is poor old mom's attempt at capturing my new Sunbeam's first Sunday:
off comes the crown...
and down the crown is thrown...
seriously, son...is this the best smile you could manage?
and just for your viewing entertainment,
the rest of the "photo shoot"...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My lil King Kong...
...literally climbing the boxes.
Over and over and over and over and ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Steve offered to make dinner.
This always means we get breakfast.
This time I got a special pancake...
Do you see the "M" for Mommy?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Just happy lil man is playing NICELY with a toy and not throwing, chunking, kicking, slinging, hurling, batting, lobbing, tossing, or generally mutilating it.
Way to be kind to Mr. Potato Head, son. I knew you could do it!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
B had a "Biome" project for school. She choose to do a research paper and a diorama. Me? I would have veered as far away from a 3D project as possible and chosen a nice, simple poster...but not B. She relished the idea of using modeling clay, construction paper, glue, and a shoe box (shudder).
See her little bunny, wolf, alligator, and eagle?
Not to mention the trees, mountains, river, and sky-scape.
My favorite part? The eagle "flying".
She cut off part of a plastic bag...and voila!
That kind of brilliance HAS to be inherited.
I'm thinking from the maternal side...yeah, that sounds right.






5 comments:
What a funny little smorgasborg of wonderfulness. If my current neighbors EVER move I will be devastated!! In that their land has been in their family for a very long time, I am hopeful that we will grow old together, grin.
Love B's project. She is really talented! Great picture of her and Richard. Enjoyed all the other pictues too. You'd have thought that Lil Man would like the crown - all bets are off when trying to guess what he will like. I was impressed with the heart-shaped pancake!
I think B has definately got a talent there! :)
Sorry about the neighbors having to leave! I know I'd be sad to see a couple of mine go. We just said good-bye to one couple a year ago...we were sad, but love our new neighbors too!
Ya know....I really miss AL. AND Walden is Lance's favorite neighborhood.
the pancake and project are both impressive!
Post a Comment