I obviously need more sleep and medication than I realize.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The note I wrote to K's PE coach went a little something like this:

Please excuse K from PE today if tennis shoes are required, which they probably are since they need them everyday and I do know this since they have to sit out if they don't have tennis shoes. This is the craziest note I've ever written to the school (yet), but here goes...
K's tennis shoes do not fit her anymore and we only discovered this as she was getting ready for school this morning. She didn't wear her tennis shoes all Christmas Break. She hates tennis shoes. She usually just wears crocs. So unless I can make it to a shoe store and back in the next 7 1/2 minutes, she's out of luck today. We'll be purchasing new ones (that actually fit) after school today.
Thank you for understanding,
yada yada yada (I really signed my name, but you know my name so that seemed kind of pointless...kinda like 99% of the above note, but more on that later)


The note I wrote for K today went a little something like this:
Please excuse K from PE today if tennis shoes are required.
Assuming they are, please know that I did go and buy her new tennis shoes...two pair. The problem is, that she didn't go with me because I couldn't make it to the store until after 9pm and she was in bed. So I bought two pairs in her size and hoped for the best...not so much. If she survives the rest of the day, which is doubtful, we will go TOGETHER to hopefully find a pair worthy of her feet.
Again, thank you for understanding. Honestly, I don't expect you to understand.
At this point, I'm just thankful she can't flunk PE.
Sincerely,
yada yada yada

Okay, so I didn't actually have to send in the second note because one of the pair finally passed inspection. Hallelujah! But I had it ready to go, just in case.

Let's move past my child and her issues with what she deems appropriately stylish footwear (to play and sweat in, I have to add, but I digress), on to the bigger issue...which is why I felt the need to write a flippin' epistle to the flippin' PE coach. And not once, but twice. Fortunately, he was only subjected to the first one...can you imagine? Sheesh. K said her HomeRoom teacher read it and died laughing. Nice.
My excuse? I was tired. Very very tired. I was sick. I felt crapolicious. I was frustrated and obviously needed to share with others.

And after all that...I have no pithy comment with which to end my post.
Sad, just sad.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I need to know is if B got shoes and, if so, what size does she wear now??? [And I hope that as I write this comment, you are fast asleep wrapped up in your warm snuggie having sweet BLT dreams.]

Kim Mayfield said...

Some of the best notes we get are the really honest ones. We all died laughing one day as we read the following note from a late student:
"My son is late today due to his own laziness and complete lack of motivation. I understand if he is not excused."
We actually considered framing it!

I hope you are feeling better!!

Lisha said...

You make me laugh. At least you know the Pe teacher and he KNOWS you and can appreciate the note!

Stefanie H said...

HAHA! I think thats funny. Crapolicious eh? Sounds fun :\. This reminds me of when I was in school. my mom would always write funny notes to the teachers. If I told her i didn't want to go to school that day just because i didn't.. she'd say ok and write me up a note that went like this.. "Dear So and So, Please excuse Stefanie Schuler from class today because she has Major diahrea and will be in the bathroom all day long. THank you, M.S."
LOL.
(of course i'd end up going to school.)

Jessica M said...

That's awesome. Nice.

BLT was great! Thanks for being the engine that gets things moving. I hope your house was still recognizable when we left... you're the greatest!

Karen said...

SO funny. Hope you feel better soon.

Tiffany Chamblee Funn said...

Your just better putting into words what all of us feel.

Dawn, said...

I got a letter from Christian's teacher in 1st grade stating that he was not staying seated at his desk. She had tried and tried many different ways of correcting the problem. I first informed Christian that if he did not correct this problem immediately I would attend school with him EVERYDAY and call him 'sugarmuffin' and 'sweetheart' and 'precious'! THEN as backup I sent a little hammer and nails (with cute bows around them) to his teacher with a 'release form' that authorized her to nail his pants to the seat if needs be! Christian sat fine for the rest of the year! But he didn't like the fact that he was now famous for the crazy mother that sent a hammer and nails to his teacher! Oh well!!!

Beth said...

That is hilarious. I am still giggling.

I was all ready to head over for the BLT yesterday, salad, baby, phone, purse, and coats in hand. I lock my door and go to pull the keys out of my purse when I realize the keys are in my house. I look around for the unlocked window and realize my OCD self can't leave a window unlocked, that is a crime waiting to happen! My stomach dropped because 1. Addie still had wet hair from the bath and its 40 degrees outside 2. Addie's shoes are locked in the car because she refuses to keep them on (and its 40 degrees outside). I desperately call my mom/dad/brother/husband and luckily my brother was able to come save me with the spare key that my dad has. Unfortunately it was then 11:30 and I was an ice cube because Addie wore her coat and mine (she had the wet hair and no shoes). I stuck my stupid salad in the fridge and got some retail therapy (Addie, Jarom, & I new clothes). Hope to make it to the next one.

Quincy Sorensen said...

You are FUNNY! I like you!

JT's Mommy said...

OK - can there be two comedians in the family? Because I really wanted the title of Herwig Family comedian - and I was after all, a Herwig before you were...... can we share the title?

Lisa said...

You are a total nut!! A good nut!

The Happy Haynie Family said...

Oh isn't being a mother great!

Julie said...

It was a hilarious note...sorry Dana. But it's great! Really it is! If I were the PE teacher, it would've totally made me laugh (in a good way). We've all been in those situations, so it's perfect! Who wants to read a boring note anyway?! Love it!

I hope you feel better though. I've got 2 kids with colds so I haven't slept more than a few hours in the last week...so I can TOTALLY relate!

Love you!

Rebekah said...

my goodness.

now how many adults will say "flippin"? lol. i'm sorry about the shoe crazyness however i do oh so love your blogs. they sound JUST like you. :}

i do hope you feel better, if you need any help just let me know.

Wendyrful said...

You are a riot!!! I LOVE your blog posts!!! What a great note!!! (notes) Did the P.E. teacher say anything?

Rebekah said...

oh geeze, i have been trying forever to get yours on mine. but it just wouldn't show up. i fixed it now. so to no avail i promise its there now. :]

shari said...

What Medication?

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley