I have to out myself to properly share the story...dang it.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Backstory needed:
I love The Gilmore Girls. I mean, I completely and utterly HEART The Gilmore Girls!
It is one of my favorite shows...ever. I am a complete nerd over it. The entire family has had to suffer through my obsession. Even lil man...back when he was waking up at night and wouldn't go back to sleep for a couple of hours, I would carry him to the couch and turn on the TV to pass the time. He eventually started asking to watch "the Girls show". :) And yes, this is what some would call a "guilty pleasure" except I never once felt guilty. ;)
Unnecessary show trivia runs rampant in my brain. I've spent hours at night watching through four shows at time. (Gotta love Netflix and their 3-at-a-time option!) And my favorite thing to do? Watch each show with SUB-TITLES! It is so completely and unbelievably the BEST way to watch it. The characters, specifically the two main characters (a mom and her daughter, who have an AMAZING relationship), use a lot of words when they speak. And a lot of trivial references in their conversations. And sometimes they make up their own words to fit a situation. Can you get a sense of why I enjoy them so? They are my favorite TV characters, for better or for worse. I just relate. Not their lifestyle (seriously, please), but just the way they are. It's hard to explain. Oh, and if you know me you'll understand why even the title makes me happy ... alliteration, of course. :)

So I love this show, right? (somehow that seems like an understatement now...)
B and I were driving somewhere the other day and she had on some of my old clothes (that I can't even remotely fit into, but at least someone is getting to wear them...but that's another issue). To no one in particular, she said: "Just talkin' with my mom, wearin' my mom's clothes."
That was cute enough, but she made it even better. She looked over to me and said: "I feel like we're having a Gilmore Girls moment right now."

That's my girl...knowing how to calmly toss out an analogy that makes her mom happy.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my opportunity to say that I have never seen the Gilmore Girls. Apparently, I am missing something if you are so "keen" about the show. Also, I love that B is wearing your clothes. In the deepest recesses of my mind I don't remember you ever wearing mine. Am I right?

Julie said...

Oh how sweet! I love the "Gilmore Girls" too! Oh how I miss it! It makes me want a daughter though...

Beth said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Gilmore Girls too!!! Jarom bought me every season on DVD! I was heartbroken when the show ended, I wish they'd bring it back. Luke, Rory, Lorelai, Sookie, the insane parents, oh how I love it. I am totally with you on it. I think I might need to start watching the seasons over again. (Jarom even watched them all with me-he likes it too).

Cari said...

Gilmore Girls is how I got through so many sleepless nights when I was nursing Noah. I got them through Blockbuster.com. One Saturday Chris and I spent the entire day on the couch watching the show. Ah, it was a great day!

Quincy Sorensen said...

I love what Bradleigh said and what your mom wrote. Maybe I should Netflix a season.

Dawn, said...

That decides it!! I want to purchase a series to watch while I am on the treadmill. My sisters suggested Gilmore Girls and so I was leaning towards getting them... now I will. Savannah can wear some of my clothes now too, her feet have just now gotten a tad bigger than mine so shoe swapping didn't last long for us!!!

Julie said...

I have an award for you on my blog!

hope said...

I love it as well, and miss it. We watched it in Houston and have since stopped watching prime time TV. We watch DVDs, Netflix or buying it for ourselves, a lot. I have to ask, is it still airing? Or did they end it? I need to netflix it and catch up!

Karen said...

Never seen the Girls but love the sweet mom and daugther moment. Those are the best!

Jenni said...

K & I loved GG too - we love their relationship and strive to have similar mother/daughter moments. One of our favorite episodes is when they egg the car with hard boiled eggs ;-)

Sarah (and a few others) said...

Never seen the show, but B is just perfect! I used to raid my mom's closet, too.

Jessica M said...

I haven't seen that show in so long, you're making me want to borrow your marathon DVDs (or were those netflix?) I love the story with Bradleigh. So sweet!

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley