Anyone want a BLT?

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The following is for those of you who haven't checked your email in a couple of days, the email is lost in cyberspace, or if you just need a reminder. (Tiff, Ju, Jen, Cheryl, and the rest of you out-of-town bloggers...hop a plane, and come on over!)

Happy New Year, my friends and fellow bloggers!

I thought I could help 2009 off to a good start by re-introducing our blogger luncheons.
I'm not sure exactly what happened...why they fizzled out, but I have a personal goal to reconnect and strengthen bonds of friendship this year.
Please allow me to host the first Blogger's Luncheon of 2009. And to prevent any unnecessary procrastination or the inevitable phrase: "That's a good idea. We should do that." ...and then nothing is ever done... I will throw out a time, date, and a few important details.

First, and I have to do this because I am me and I just can't seem to help myself, I am proposing a fun little name/acronym instead of the bland "blogger luncheon". I propose the name/acronym: BLT. (Blogger's Lunch Time) Okay, fine, it's a tad cheesey...but do you get it? BLT? Bacon, lettuce, tomato...lunch food...we're a lunch group. Huh huh huh? Anyway, I will refer to it as BLT until the time it may be overthrown.

Carrying on...

Who? You, Me, All of us
What? BLT

Where? my house :)
When? tomorrow! @ 10:30am (we'll eat around 11)
Why? Friendshipping (is that a word?)

Misc. details:
*children are welcome; please bring them a lunch
*this is a potluck; I'm attempting to fight past my need to control the balance of sweet v/s savory, so please don't ask me what to bring...that just enables my issues :)
*the host is responsible for paper products
*we will be drinking ice water unless someone brings another option

Okay, I think that covers it. Please please please let me know if you can or can't make it. That would be most helpful. :)

See you tomorrow... :)

6 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for wishing that I could be there! I certainly would love to be able to join the fun & meet all of your blogging buddies!

Ya'll have tons of fun! Huh...after reading your post, I'm suddenly very hungry...

Tiffany Chamblee Funn said...

No fair! I'm pouting now. I'm sulking. I'm getting ready to throw a tantrum. I want to come too! Maybe I'll eat a BLT in honor tomorrow at 11. Nah....it'll blow the diet!

shari said...

Sorry Dana, I am going to have to miss the BLT today. Thanks for hosting this time.

Becki said...

I hope it's not too late to rsvp since I'm leaving in about five minutes or so, but I will be there. :)

Dawn, said...

I have real bonafide tears that I missed it! I hope you gals all had a blast. Please make sure I'm in the loop for next one.

Wendyrful said...

Thanks Dana for hosting this! It was lots of fun to see so many friends there! I'm glad Liam finally warmed up and hd fun playing.

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley