Happy December and Ho Ho Ho!

Monday, December 1, 2008

I HEART December!
The entire month makes me smile. :) See? :)

I even relish going out mere hours before Christmas Eve and frolicking (yes, I do indeed feel the need to frolic) amongst all the Bah-Humbugs and stressed out shoppers. I love it! I thrive on the energy. It is my drug of choice.

I adore wrapping up in my long, wool coat...donning my scarf and gloves...and heading out into the chilly frantic holiday atmosphere. It THRILLS me!

I am obsessed with Christmas music...all genres...doesn't really matter...it's Christmas. :)

Christmas time is busy. Let me clarify.
Christmas is...insanely, down to the wire, pulling my hair out, organized chaos at it's best, gaining 10 pounds like I'm putting on socks easy, covering as much as I can with decorations, checking out every store imaginable for fun new decorations, can't get enough done, baking 4 hours every day of the month, don't forget the batteries/tape/need more cinnamon, delivering presents and treats, parties, school activities, laundry because we HAVE to have clean underwear...BUSY!
And I LOVE every second!

Santa is my favorite (aside from the REAL meaning of Christmas which I will of course be sharing more on later...so please withhold unnecessary judgements. :) )
I call him Ho Ho. I make everyone who is in a vehicle with me during the holidays play the Ho Ho game with me. What is the Ho Ho game? Invite me out for fun, and we'll play. ;)

I am so So SO excited to share Christmas with my little people! They are bouncing off the walls with holiday glee. (Wonder who they get that from?) We will soon go through lovingly used toys and clothes, gather food items, and put together our bags to take to the charity of choice for the year.


I happily stumbled across the following Christmas fun:

Elf on the Shelf - This site is a MUST VISIT! The site is inspired by one family's tradition of keeping a little toy elf on their shelf who would watch over the children and report back to Santa if the kids were to be put on the Naughty or the Nice list. While visiting the site you can buy the Elf on the shelf book (including the toy elf!), You can register the name of your child's toy elf at the north pole as well as do some FREE stuff such as: play games, print holiday coloring pages, find fun recipes for reindeer snacks and so much more!

I am Saint Nick - With this (FREE!) site you can have Santa call your friends and family and ask them what they want for Christmas. They will get to leave a message at the beep, which you will be able to hear through the site.

Santa's Hotline - This site allows you to have Santa call your little one with a personalized message ($3.99). It also has some cute packages such as the "Santa Evidence Kit" for those children questioning the mystery of Ol' Saint Nick ($19), Santa Boot Prints Kit ($19) and a Good List Certificate ($9.99). All VERY Fun and Unique ideas... however anyone can do this themselves for a quarter of the price, if not free.

Elfster - Do you and your friends do a secret Santa/ grab bag for the holidays? This FREE! site makes it 10 times easier to organize.

Package from Santa - Very cute site where you can order personalized letters from Santa as well as a letter from Rudolf, reindeer food, a signed photo of Santa, a GOOD LIST Certificate and much more. There are 3 packages ranging in price of $12.99 - $59.99, all with free shipping. Use Code: EGGNOG15 for 15% off

North Pole.com - There are lots of FREE stuff you can do on this site:
*Send a letter to Santa *Send Holiday Postcards *Stories to Read & Color *Games *Good Deed Calendar *Visit Elf Pal Academy *Q&A with Santa *Naughty & Nice List
*(and my favorite) Track Santa!

I'm off to deck my halls, my walls, and every lateral surface I can properly clear off.
Have yourselves a Merry little Christmas...starting NOW!

Ho Ho Ho! :)

4 comments:

*Lisa* said...

I love it!! I'm the same way. Call me, we'll do some shopping or something fun so I can learn the ho-ho game :) I LOVE Santa too. And today I'm cleaning like a crazy person trying to get everything ready to pull the decorations out of the garage. YAY! DECORATIONS!

Anonymous said...

You're not excited are you?!
:)

Karen said...

Wow. You have made me tired just reading that! Enjoy YOUR season! I'll also help you remember this post the week of the Christmas festival.....

Anonymous said...

The new Christmas "look" is great! How many halls have you decked so far?

"IN ALL OF LIVING, HAVE MUCH FUN AND LAUGHTER. LIFE IS TO BE ENJOYED, NOT JUST ENDURED."
-Gordon B. Hinckley